Show us your headphones

Updated photos of both my headphone systems.
My Icon Audio HP8 Mk2 headphone amplifier which I’m using with a pair of Focal Clear MG headphones.

I use these in my main system which is in the back room, I shall be doing so for the next few months. Last Friday , 27th January, I had what I’m told was a major operation, so I can’t move my speakers into their listening position.

The second system, I use in the front room, an Atom HE with Focal Celestee headphones. I bought this so I could have music in other rooms. With the closed backed headphones, I can sit in the same as my wife without disturbing her watching TV.

Both are very good.

Edit: I purchased the Icon Audio amplifier with an Electro Harmonix ECC83 input valve, I’ve since swapped it out for a Genalex Gold Lion ECC83 valve, because I just wanted to see if I could hear a difference.

18 Likes

I wish you a speedy recovery :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Thank you very much.
D

The Fiio M11 Plus has taken over as my primary listening device and replaced all my other headphone setups. It’s fully Roon Ready works with all streaming apps and works as DAC as well. Fully balanced, loads of power works well with all my cabs and iems and no background noise at all, sounds amazing it’s a real giant killer. Many other users I know are using theirs more than other systems they have including the Atom HE. I hardly use my regular Atom and speakers.

8 Likes

The Supernait2 is still awaiting repair so here is what I’m listening to at the moment

Keeps it interesting😎

13 Likes

Arya and custom Pads

14 Likes

I do like the little blue smurf-like chap holding the RC!

Make & model please?

They’re HifiMan. The model above my Ananda I think, but can’t remember the name.
Nice 'phones…

5 Likes

Focal Clear MG paired with my Atom HE.

1 Like

Oops!

14 Likes

Oh so sorry, is Hifiman Arya and a custom Pads

3 Likes

Stax in da house :+1:

21 Likes

Oh yeah!

1 Like

Now, where are my rollerblades?

17 Likes

Endgame - awesome, the X9000.

Congrats and a lot of fun - you will enjoy it :wink:

atb, Tom

1 Like

Vision Ears Phönix LE for my SP2000

12 Likes

Very pleased with my Quad ERA-1 headphones.

When lockdown was tightening its grip I needed a new pair of ‘phones to replace my old knackered Sennheiser HD 560 Ovations after many years of loyal service.
I was impressed by all the reviews on the Meze 99 Classics and with all the lockdown uncertainties I got a pair, even though I really do prefer open back headphones.

I must say that the Meze’s are terrific but I still hankered after a pair of open backs. So here they are, the Quad ERA-1, and I am delighted!

The difference between the 2? To start they are both comfortable though the Quads are definitely heavier. They are both enjoyable and musical which is a major priority for me. Where the Meze’s have that ‘closed in the head’ sound and it is right there!, the Quads are way more open, spacious, more depth, detail and natural, all in a relaxed kind of way. The Meze’s kick a punch where the Quads are more chilled about it all. These aren’t criticisms of the Meze’s, it’s how they sound to me, though I do find that high trebles can sound harsh where the Quads don’t, system matching perhaps?. The Meze’s are really easy to drive and I find I have to turn it up more with the Quads on my Pro-Ject DS2B Head Box & MCRU power supply.

I reach for the Quads more, well apart from my preference for open backs, I can listen for longer with them without my ears getting tired of the sound. To me they just more accomplished, which they should considering they cost considerably more! All said and done both are great and both offer great value for money.

I never intended to end up with 2 pairs of ‘phones but there you go, at least something good came out of lockdown for me!!

12 Likes

They look very classy indeed. Glad to hear they sound good too!

2 Likes

I have been using a pair for the past few months, excellent.

3 Likes