Show us your headphones

All you need is a mobile phone and a streaming service. :wink:

Got one of em!

I think what I’m missing is a need for music on the move :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’ve just started going down that expensive rabbit hole. In <30 days, I’ve ended up with a FiiO m15s DAP: FiiO FA9 IEM’s, for a start. Then Sennheiser 660S2’s for home listening when the boss is watching TV. She who must be obeyed then complained they were too loud……so I ended up with Sennheiser HD820’s, which with the right pads / head are Fantastic! Then finally….the companion Sennheiser HDV820 amp, so I can use them away from the Naim.

I bought a FiiO Q3 to go with my phone as well, but that is broken, so on the way back.

Oh and I’ve ’discovered Roon’……

Expensive 30 days……

4 Likes

They look nice, but where does the hemp part feature?

Great for Stoner Rock!

The hemp is the yellowish wood that is visible.

1 Like

I think @steviebee was teasing, Graham. :wink:

I thought that was Maple…Hemp isnt a wood is it?
“Hemp and Maple wood”

I always thought Hemp was like twine or sacking material.
And smokables :wink:

The question was serious… the stoner part wasn’t!

1 Like

I confess to not being an expert on wood. I bought the Grados to go with the Nait50, and they do that job very well.

That’s the important part and as said, they do look good, Graham.

Just wish my ears could’ve tolerated Grado earpads, but sadly (my Grado phones were great with rock and such), my pinna couldna take it, Captain!

1 Like

@anon70766008 do you find them uncomfortable? I could never get used to Grado resting on my ears. Brooklyn is great. Grado is a great company too. Make interesting wood cartridges as well.

I got Audezé LCD-2 Classic for my Nait 50 last week. Been using my new Falcon LS3/5A since I got them yesterday. Maybe have a late night headphone session tonight

15 Likes

I decided to treat myself after getting an Atom HE for the office :slight_smile:
Focal Clear MG. Got them during a promotion so saved 25%. Very impressive performance and they are pretty comfortable considering the weight.

11 Likes

I keep thinking of getting some wireless headphones mainly for when I am on holiday with my wife. She doesn’t share my musical taste so it’s the only way of having music when on hols but I don’t quite know where to start with choosing some

I enjoy my Apple AirPods Max for when on the move and out and about… they take a long time to burn in… but they do tighten and extend up into higher treble beautifully once run in. Sure not the first word in hifi… but are very very good for BlueTooth headphones and the noise cancelling is superb … you can get lost in your own world when walking through busy cities :grinning:

6 Likes

I have found them pretty good so far, from a comfort perspective. I will know better when I listen to a Wagner opera from start to finish.

I use Sony’s wh1000 xm5 and xm3 in ears for holiday / mobile use - pretty good for the price.
Gary

Thanks, but I should have said that I can’t stand in ear phones. Don’t know why… so has to be over ear for me

2 Likes

I can’t stand in ear headphones either, which is why I went for the AirPods Max… they are over ear headphones.

1 Like

Oops sorry! Misread!

I had/have major comfort and fit issues with IEMs. Then I tried a custom moulded IEM. Very ‘in-ear’ but I have found them unbelievably comfortable and a totally different, and high quality, listening experience compared to my conventional open and closed headphones. Just a thought. No for everyone and impossible to ‘try before you buy’ of course.

Bruce

1 Like