Show us your headphones

Thanks Bruce but I think it is having something / anything “in” my ears that I just don’t like. Just feels intrusive somehow. I bought some etymotics yeaars ago which had different pieces to choose from and I just couldn’t use them.

So I think it’s over ear for me, though there seems to be excessive choice available. I suppose the air pods max have the advantage of working more or less automatically with my phone etc, but will have to have a listen to see if they are up to snuff

1 Like

Yes, same here with holidays. With the DAP I just take portable full-size or one of my old IEMs: Westone/Triple Fi/Senn IE8 etc with whatever adaptor needed. Being cabled doesn’t bug me at all.

2 Likes

Focal Bathys…

1 Like

Not sure I want a dodgy volume change scale :wink: but I daresay in need to listen to some

Master & Dynamic MW75.

My 3rd successive purchase of their top-of-the-line model - their sound signature (plus aesthetics) just work for me.

Apparently they have the same innards as Mark Levinson 5909’s which are 2x the price (+ I got these with a Black Friday 40% discount).

Lovely materials - lambs leather cups. Noise cancelling is good enough but isolation is pretty good anyway on my train/tube commute. Compared to others at the price eg B&W, nice thing about these is being able to use in wired passive mode with a DAC, and USB-C cable means they can actually take a hi-res feed straight from the iPhone regardless.

For hat weather/gym, I have B&O E6 with custom sleeves - outstanding, they replaced Shure SE846’s. Wire between earphones means much harder for an idiot like me to lose them and don’t have to take the silicone sleeves off for charging in a box (which would eventually loosen the material).

7 Likes

ZMF Atriums in an aged cherry finish. So natural compared to my Focal Elegia.

15 Likes

Lovely. I added a pair of ZMF Auteur Classic to my collection recently. Different characrer to my Verite Closed. Very enjoyable, and beautiful too.

The wood is ambrosia maple.

Bruce

11 Likes

Why do you have them on a bust of Lenin?

1 Like

It’s supposed to be Brian Cranston

Lovely looking things aren’t they. A work of art, visually and sonically.

Alternative view. I can’t get over how stunning they are. Love at first sight! Nice personality as well, once you get to know them.

11 Likes

They have a lovely ‘vintage’ look.

Bruce.

Sennheiser and in ear monitors Vision Ears Phönix

6 Likes

Little upgrade on cable and strap.
Hifiman He1000 Stealth

13 Likes

Grado RS2e into nac-n272, enjoyable sound, changed F cushions to G one, better comfort and airy sound (70$ can). I love the wood and leather materials. Does the nac amp could make-it with higher level from Grado?

11 Likes

Listening with headphones tonight for the first time in, yes, probably half a year… I had almost forgotten how good it sounds, what richness of nuance and what presence!

12 Likes

Focal Utopia with Cardas Clear Beyond Headphone Cable. 4.5m into SN3 Headphone Amp. Took at least 200 hours to begin to open up. Both headphones and cable are new.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Quite expensive headphones, don’t you need a better headphone amp to do them justice than the one you have in the SN3? Like Atom HE :thinking: (Just wondering)

Sansui SS2. My first pair - purchased in September 1968 and still going strong.

15 Likes