Show us your heaviest piece of audio gear

Searched the forum a bit but couldn’t find anything comparable, and thought it would be fun to see what people’s heaviest piece of audio gear looks like. I guess it will mostly be power amps and speakers, but who knows, there might be surprises?

Until my new SN3 is delivered, my speakers are currently the heaviest piece of audio gear that I own.

8 Likes

Google Photos
94.5kg each. Went to the same school as Henry Moore - can you tell. In 1982 while visiting his sculpture park I briefly met the great man. Also I think they sound great as well.

7 Likes

Sorry about the truncated photo

Gosh! That’s heavier than me (just!).

1 Like

Wish I could say the same :rofl:

4 Likes

Kudos Titan T 88s
65 kg

Ps. Luna my shipoo weighs 3.75 kg

6 Likes

Google Photos
Thought I was sending a fuller photo but it is still truncated. Sorry

3 Likes

They are rather nice

Thanks. I am glad someone knows what they are doing!

90kg each

6 Likes

It would be my ATC SCM40s at 31 Kg each, no pic as they are boxed following a recent move.

1 Like

I think it’s high time you swapped to actives. That would add at least 5kg per speaker. :innocent:

Roger

3 Likes

Holy crap… Almost 200 lbs? Didn’t realize they were THAT heavy…
Guess I’ll be sticking with my 805D3’s for a while longer lol…

Not hifi, but my Marshall DS40c is 22.9kg. And we have used it at my daughter’s house for a barbecue party! Nobody complained about the sound quality!

Lightweight! One of my amps, Bryston 9Bst, powering 2 of the 3 active channels, is 29.5 kg, and the other, 4BSST is 22kg, a total of 51.5kg for amplification alone - and unlike that Marshall, that is not including speaker…

The speakers

21 Likes

Heaviest here is the TT
About the same weight as the dog who likes to terrorise the chickens

7 Likes

I have a pair of LS6f’s…I love’em!

1 Like

The whole line is great, isn’t it!

1 Like