Casiopea Sun Sun / Make Up City / Down Upbeat / Crosspoint
Thunder Live / Photographs / Halle / The Soundgraphy
4 X 4 / Eyes Of The Mind / Jive Jive / Super Flight
Mint Jams / Casiopea
Issei Noro Sweet Sphere / Minoru Mukaiya Welcome To

6 Likes

Are you a fan of Casiopeia @GeoffC?

1 Like

Yes… early Casiopea, their first dozen or so releases (these shown) - I now have these and a few more on CD. Saw them live back in the day when they first came to the UK and played a packed Hammersmith Odeon - the sound quality was the one the best I have ever heard at a gig.

4 Likes

This is one of my favourite Japanese LPs – the Floyd’s More, which comes in a rather lovely gatefold…

10 Likes

That’s a fab looking bit of vinyl.

4 Likes

Now that DIGITAL music is back in the race - and new vinyl LP pressing quality is so very hit and miss - we don’t really bother buying new music pressings on vinyl.

So our Japanese pressings are mostly original pressings of older music (pre-2010) and mostly classical music.

Whilst a Japanese LP pressing is by no means a guarantee of quality, I’ve found most of them pretty hard to beat.

Occasionally, they might be leaning to the bright side of life - Asians generally listen at lower volumes, did you know? - but never unbearable.

I actually find it very interesting to compare the GERMAN, DUTCH, UK and JAPANESE pressings of the same title.

(Very occasionally, our good old NZ/AU pressings win out! :joy:)

Here’s a few of our more popular titles, on Japanese pressings…

8 Likes

This was a bit of a holy grail for me.
Took ages to find a sensibly-priced copy, due to a small split on the inner sleeve.
Japan-only release from 1999. Clear vinyl.
Unusually not released with an OBI.

6 Likes

Interesting record. What is it like? Can’t find it on qobuz

Floyd 4/15. 1969’s Ummagumma, my joint fave abum of theirs:

10 Likes

Interestingly I don’t have any Japanese records. The only one I have found is a Mobile Fidelity record, that was pressed in Japan - Specially plated and pressed on high definition super vinyl by Victor Company of Japan Ltd.

4 Likes

Here’s one…

6 Likes

Return to Forever, Romantic Warrior. Japanese 1976 pressing with insert.

5 Likes

In my experience Japanese pressings can vary but here are some very nice ones with and without obi.

7 Likes

The only Japanese LP I have is Blind Faith and I can’t post the cover here as surprisingly it seems to get some people excited.

2 Likes

Pink Floyd 5/15:

10 Likes

9 Likes

A trio of Basies – sadly the obi is missing on two of them:

8 Likes

Favourite New Order single.
It doesn’t have the same embossed sleeve as the UK original, but a much better sounding pressing.

7 Likes

5 Likes