Show us your Neats!

The SX2 are second hand!

1 Like

I have these in the floor standing version Neat Ultimatum xli’s, now 10 years old. They work perfectly with my naim nap 250. Can’t imagine changing them

1 Like

:call_me_hand:

Original Motive 2s now somewhere in the region of 14 years old. They were the only speakers that worked in my tiny room (10ft x 8ft). Replaced Mystiques and have also had Elites.

11 Likes

I like the wine fridge

1 Like

Anyone pairings with Momentum SX7i and a SN3 including HiCap Dr? Thoughts?

Happy owner of Xplorers for about six months. They replaced Motive SX1s.

14 Likes

Was it big upgrade over SX1? What amp are you using - NAP 100?

Yeah NAP 100, quite a big upgrade I must say.

I too have some…
I didn’t think that someone else had bought them. Nice.

1 Like

Can anyone recommend, from their experience, a speaker cable to go with the Neat Iota Alphas (with Nova)? I’ve tried NACA5 (a touch too dark) and Witch Hat Phantom (a bit thin, glossy, although they are new, maybe not “burnt in” yet)? Looking for something a touch on the warm and smooth side with good body, but not to the extent clarity and vocals are masked.

I have Neats/Naim (not your setup) and run Naims Super Lumina. I’ve not auditioned a different cable with my current setup but am extremely happy with the sound and see no point. They’re not cheap but worth it.

1 Like

Given the comments from owners here, I’d persevere with the Phantoms for a bit longer.

Also, cables of 5M or more do seem to sound better than anywhere close to the recommended minimum of 3.5M.

If that’s no good, the obvious things to try would be Kudos KS-1 and Tellurium Q Black. I found TQB a bit more detailed but no less enthusiastic (if you see what I mean) than A5.

My girlfriend has Nova and Neat iota Alphas and finds them fine with A5. However, it did take a bit of fiddling with position (distance from wall and toe-in) to get them sounding right.

In the holiday cottage, we have Neat Xplorers and Naim boxes. There, we are taking KS-1 and another set of Isoacoustic Gaias on our next trip. At the moment, we use A5, and the main reason for trying KS-1 is that A5 is annoyingly inflexible - if it sounds a tiny bit more open and lively without losing anything, that’s just a bonus.

2 Likes

Thanks Nick, that is what I will do for a few more weeks/months and then reassess.

Give it a couple of weeks?

1 Like

17 Likes

I’ve already been raving about my Neat Petite Classics on the Nait 50 thread.

Great synergy with the Nait 50 and they sound great on Solid Steel stands! :grinning:

18 Likes

SS 5s or 6s??

They’re SS 6 :+1:t3:

Wonderful speakers :blush:

1 Like