Show us your Neats!

Yeah man, that’ll do it. Trust me. Make sure you have the NAC A5 cables made up by a well seasoned dealer. BOOM! :laughing:

1 Like

I have to say my Iota Alphas are taking a long time to break in. I have about 40-50 hours on them and they are still misbehaving. They are absolutely wonderful tho. It does make me wonder about other Neat speakers and how they’d play with the other system.

Funny mine were ok straight out of box, obviously different speakers/drivers react differently in peoples homes. I was told it takes about 100 hours before they’ve settled in.

2 Likes

Had a good listen to the new Elites at the weekend :+1: This is the pair that attended the Bristol show & currently still the only pair out there at present. Bob & Stephen from Neat joined the event & it was real nice to talk to them about the brand. The Elites sound great & at the money, I think they’ll sell a ton of them… I will definitely be demoing a pair at home! :pray:

12 Likes

The amp used at the Bristol show was An Atoll streaming integrated :wink:

A mighty fine amp the Atoll is too!

1 Like

I really like the look of the new Elite Classics and if Neat have managed to sprinkle them with magic speaker dust as they did with the Petite Classic I think they will have another winner on their hands, definitely one for the audition list when they are shipped to dealers.

4 Likes

Knowing what Bob and team have achieved with the Petites ( I have 30th anniversary and the Classic) one could almost guarantee these grown up brothers will be something special

3 Likes

Petite Anni owner here too & have to say the Elites sound like a monster version of those :smiley:
My dealer Cultured Audio have messaged saying they are now in stock… uh-oh…

1 Like

Was in Cultured Audio today and yes there was a sealed box from Neat sitting in the downstairs room. Mike was just going to unpack them when I left. I’m hoping to have a listen myself once they have a few hours through them.

2 Likes

My Orkestra’s have been in place for a while now and just seem to get better and better. I’ve recently noticed that they’re throwing stuff out all over my room. It’s almost like a surround system setup. And the bass, it’s clean deep and well resolved there’s a start and a finish to each note. Highly recommended.

5 Likes

Posting an unsurprising result here but I decided to try these amazing little wonders on the SN3 and NDX2 system. Usually the Neats are on the Nova and the Kanta 2s are on the SN3.

They sound absolutely stunning. Such good bass for a small speaker and the clarity is wonderful. Now, do I move the Kantas back….?!

15 Likes

The introduction of a Uniti Atom to replace the UQ2 in my shed is a good excuse to blow the Neat Iota’s trumpet. The new box is driving them well with a really enjoyable sound. Really precise across the range and amazing sound from something so small!

9 Likes

Looking forward to maybe comparing them with my Elite SX’s in the future. :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’m betting the Kantas won’t be as cheeky or as much fun…

1 Like

I’ve had the Neats in place for a week now, and they average out as overall more enjoyable, I think… meaning that poorer recordings aren’t as cruelly exposed as with the Kantas, but then the flip side is that for the astonishingly good recordings, the Neats don’t go to the lofty heights of the Kantas. The Neats will go back on the Nova at some point, but not sure when as the enjoyment continues…

3 Likes

Yes that’s basically the same conclusion i came to when comparing Motive SX2s with n-SATs/n-SUB. My n-SATs/n-SUB are now back in the main rig but boy the Motives were just so much fun on the end of a SN3. I very nearly kept them in, i’m certainly not letting them go just yet…:smiley:

2 Likes

Replaced some Fern and Roby Cubes in my bedroom system. Amazing!

13 Likes

Nice, Iotas on Iso Acoustics stands are what I run our TV through, perfect for on them too 8)

1 Like

Bought some nice Motive sX2 speakers in walnut finish. After a few days of some trial and error with speaker placement/toe in, ended up with best soundquality with the Kef subw (not in use for stereo) in the right corner behind the right SX2 and both at 48,5 cm from rear wall, >40 cm from side wall, 2 meter between them and no toe in. They have a house sound being bit lean in the midbass and a bit exaggerated sub lows. I don’t find them bright but very clear in a good way. Some (crappy) recordings sound a bit tinny/empty. But the combi with Naim is good and most of all fun to listen at. The very high WAF factor is most important compared to the very ugly Naim Allaes floorstanders according to my wife :joy:

2 Likes