Show us your pets

Absence makes the heart grow fonder!

And, it seems, the hound run faster.

29 Likes

This thread would not be the same without Orson

4 Likes

Thank you. I had a three week work trip.

Home : good
Bath : less good
Bone : good again.

25 Likes

LOL, Orson gets even more posts than Zebedee:

:dog2: :dog2: :pouting_cat:

24 Likes

Tis Christmas

19 Likes

Summer cut for our pooches. Look at how shabby and tired they looked before… :sweat_smile:

Sorry for poor quality mobile pics. :relieved:

23 Likes

Makes me think of how often I remember pets’ name rather than owners’ name at dog park, etc. :joy:

5 Likes

Lovely :blush:

Thank you. :blush: It is a battle of wills requiring much patience. They were so excited afterwards they sprint around the house like crazy. The boy also messed up his bed and his sister’s. I don’t know if he was excited or too traumatized that he needed to let off some steam. I am choosing to believe he was ecstatic. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Fraggle looking fed up

Port old Archie bless him gone blind in one eye but still loving life

And poppy (smooth coat ) with pip fire bathing

29 Likes

Sad day. I have had to let the old boy pass on.

The cancer on the side of his face was the one of his ailments that took him. We just couldn’t keep the wound clean and wholesome.
He took his time wandering into the surgery. Sniff here,pee there.
The girls were kind and to go surrounded by women was probably his best possible send off. Apart from a last dinner of Spam.

God speed and thank you old timer. I enjoyed those two and a half years.
Not sure what I will do with myself now.

39 Likes

So sad, but he has had a great two and half years, thanks to you. He was a wonderful character and myself and Mrs T loved seeing and hearing about him on this forum. He was an honorary member and he will be missed by us all. He will always be there with you, living on in your memory. Take care.

3 Likes

So very sorry. It’s such a hard decision I know only too well, but all we can ever do is what’s best for our companions even though it breaks our hearts.

Thinking of you.

3 Likes

So sorry Nick. It’s such a tough decision to make but he will be curled up on a cloud over the rainbow bridge and at peace. You gave him a great Two and a half years and brought him so much comfort and joy.

3 Likes

Oh I am so very, very sorry. He was a lovely old boy

best wishes at this time

Ian

2 Likes

Sadly, Sprocket had to have his tail shortened. He had a problem with the tip of the tale - hairloss followed by the exposed skin cracking and ulcerating. I had been going on for some eighteen months with no improvement. It was obviously bothering him and we decided, with the vet, that partial amputation was in his best interests.

The irony is that this length was the original breed standard, as my previous miniature schnauzer had her tail shortened as a puppy by the breeder. I miss the full length tail though, as it was so waggy and expressive.

16 Likes

Very sorry to hear this Nick. It will be terribly quiet until another dog needing your love finds you.

Best

David

5 Likes

So sorry to hear that sad news Nick.

3 Likes

So sad to hear that news. You must be heartbroken. At least we know he had a good life with you. We lost our dog in August so we know how much it hurts. Stay strong. Best wishes.

4 Likes

Very sorry to read this, take care of yourself Nick.

3 Likes