Show us your pets

Zebby is on a special formulation (aka f***** expensive) diet, so gets around 50-60 gms of dried “Multifunction” per day (51 is all he needs nutritionally) and around 20gms of wet Renal - plus anything he can swipe from Pixie’s feeder, “coz it’s nicer, Dad, than that other medical cr@p”, LOL.

And he has been putting on weight steadily since June.

2 Likes

“Turn the fire up, Dad!”

1 Like

My brother’s cocker spaniel whelped at 0045 this morning … three so far.

The colouring is not what I expected!

24 Likes

Big lad - heading for double figures do you think?

We are super interested to know where Lenny has got to - he’s 5.5 months currently - and we estimate (based on the known weight of his brother) he’s around 4.5kg now, but will know for sure when he goes to the VEE-EEE-TEE in three weeks for his little operation….

…we’ve left that a bit later that needed (he achieved the size and weight required ages ago) so as to allow his facial features to develop to be a bit more Maine Cooney than removing that testosterone earlier would have possibly allowed. If it sounds like we know what we are doing, you’d be wrong however, just making it up as we go along!

1 Like

I have been thinking he would get to about 8 to 8.5 kg, but it’s a while since we had one at the still-growing stage. Billy was neutered at about 5 months as we had to get it done before the cattery would let him and his sister stay in the same pen while we were away for a few days. Apparently neutering them does lead to ongoing growth and weight-gain. But anyway we didn’t want either of them to be sexually actively and our contract of purchase required that we neutered them both by 6 months.

Having missed out on the last excursion by train to London, it was Louby Lou’s turn yesterday.

She loved both the train and the bus (so much to see and she got to sit in my lap all the way), and thought Trafalgar Square and Pall Mall were great too (so many Pigeons!!).

On the train;

On the 22 bus;

38 Likes

Beautiful pics Richard

The 22 Bus, I knew it but can’t remember where it went ?

1 Like

I took it from Green Park to the Kings Road

1 Like

Ah yes I remember as use to live back of Kings Road

Thanks

That’s still amazes me that you guys can take your dogs on public transport. When Diesel was in an ad they wouldn’t even let him travel with cast. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Have you checked the milkmans dog? :wink:

3 Likes

Dog ownership has exploded in the UK over the last 5+ years and, as such, a lot of rules for dogs have been relaxed.

When we had our dogs a decade ago, if we went shopping, I would spend all the time stood outside the shops with the dog(s). Ditto cafes and coffee shops - we never went in a cafe! Now it’s all changed and they’re allowed in the vast majority of establishments. I think the proprietors had to cave in or ban a lot of customers from the premises.

1 Like

Your allowed in some stores (our big hardware) cafes outside areas only. They’re not allowed in any food shop, malls, pub etc etc. Definitely not on public transport. The laws are generally based around health department, safe food handling etc.

Of course this doesn’t apply to guide or companion dogs they are allowed most places.

Many pubs allow dogs, indeed pubs and dogs have become a bit of a “thing” these days. Louby-lou loves the pub because she gets given snacks by everyone.

It’s important to allow dogs on transport, otherwise you just get more cars on the roads. There is a limit though to two dogs per person on the railways.

2 Likes

I will look back at what Billy was at 5.5 months and let you know…

Most pubs don’t allow it although it’s becoming popular for the publicans to turn a blind eye and allow them in the outside areas.

Bush and country pubs generally don’t mind either.

Some pubs in Balmain now allowing it

In some cases the dogs are more enjoyable than the patrons I must say :stuck_out_tongue:

I was going to mention that.

1 Like

and often better behaved than kids!

1 Like

We live in a remote part of North Yorkshire and one of the joys of living here when we moved from the south 25 years ago was the local pub of an evening with farmers, dogs and great crack.

Pub changed hands 15 years ago and new owners banned dogs on hygiene grounds because visitors complained. The life and soul went out of the place and we’ve not been in there for years.

2 Likes