Show us your pets

Nipper and the gang.

PSX_20211203_135536

34 Likes

Our son’s Munchy , on a weekly visit to our porch

25 Likes

What town is it?

Friends reached out to a breed on our behalf, got these photos sent to me this morning of their last litter. The next is due sometime after the new year, so we have a few months to decide if we’ll take a pup or rescue an older dog.

32 Likes

My personal preference is to go for a dog who’s had an unfortunate start in life and in need of a stable and loving home, but I have to say, these are just gorgeous, and the one on the lower left is already making “those eyes” at you…

8 Likes

We’ve rescued our last 2 dogs and more than happy to do the same again. However there’s no blue cattle dogs in any of the shelters at present. Diesel was 4 when we got him and I’m just thinking that’s 4 less years we had with him.

Those pups are already gone, the mothers having another litter early next year so we’ve got time to consider all the options.

Im taken by the one at the back on the left hand side of that photo.

3 Likes

Friend of mine whose dog got run over about 5 months ago decided to get a young replacement for the very reason you mention Pete - more great years with the best friend. It just so happened my best mates daughter had a one year old along with two others and due to work commitments ( works in a vet business which is very demanding ) she decided to just have one. It’s worked out really well.

My friend went through the rescue dog scenario but didn’t work for her at all

Both our rescue dogs have been brilliant. Our first blue Jackson attached himself to Mrs Pete where as Diesel gravitated towards me. I just think blue cattle dogs are the most loyal dogs and faithful companions.

2 Likes

Jackson wasn’t castrated by any chance ?

It’s just that would make him Jackson with no Pollocks .

Apologies for the artistic , bad taste joke

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes he was and I named Jackson after Jackson Pollock.

1 Like

All five dogs have been rescues in some form. Often troubled but all have proved faithful and gentle with care and time.

The present incumbent has been poorly but we have been here many times before. He managed to get a nasty flea infection and the chemicals needed to fight the infestation knocked him back.

The towel is of course for the cancer on the other side of his face.The fleas must have thought this a fine watering hole and made it quite angry.

He loves his Naim boxes. He tells me at 16+ he is allowed to be portly.

27 Likes

There certainly is something about a rescued pet, don’t know if it’s just relief that they finally have a home and some love but they just give so much back.

8 Likes

IMG_0065
Mrs Houdini came to me with a broken tail and a great deal of apprehension (about me)

Didn’t see her for two weeks , today life wouldn’t be the same without her. Her desire to have all doors open in the middle of winter, demanding to sit on my knee when I am busy…

Oh and evicting me out of my chair so she can go to sleep on it.

Ah bless…

20 Likes

@Pete_the_painter how about getting two? A rescue and a pup? :wink:

4 Likes

Love him. Our Border terrier almost made 18 and we miss her so much. Let’s hope for at least couple more years for Albert :heart:

3 Likes

I think there is a lot in that suggestion actually. It’s company for when the humans are away.

2 Likes

Ramat-Gan

Nice. In the old days I used to have a commercial photography studio in one of the older buildings of the diamonds exchange in Ramat-Gan.

Small world…
I live not far from the building.

1 Like

That is a great idea however Mrs Pete doesn’t want 2 dogs. I’ve got a few months I might try and convince her. Cheers.

2 Likes