1 Like

We have a new guest.

Meet ‘Babushka’

G

26 Likes

27 Likes

You started a foster home?

2 Likes

Daughter’s boyfriend’s cat was a Christmas guest. Now our daughter’s cat has appeared…for an unspecified stay.

G

Bought Zhukov a new bed. It’s a Slumberland “donut” bed. They do a range of pet beds. Main consideration was that it was machine washable. His current one is too large/inflexible for our washing machine.

Unpacked and plumped up (it arrived vacuum packed) he instantly took to it.

Next morning passing the bed I noticed what looked like a damp patch. Poked it with a couple of fingers and sure enough it was wet. Sniffed my fingers, half knowing what to expect, and sure enough, Zhukov’s new bed now belonged to Ike!

Quick cycle in the washing machine, followed by a low tumble and…

Willy.

19 Likes

You might remember our rescue sparrow, Peanut, from about this time last year. We’re not sure what happened to Peanut, after a few weeks with us it was flying confidently and one day just disappeared (as you hope). Optimistically off into the world but possibly into a neighbour’s cat. I have secured the aviary I knocked up on a garden bed a bit better this year in anticipation of our next pair starting to fly.

This year we’ve got two, Cashew and Honey. They and a third (dead) sibling were on our balcony, cold. After half an hour in my hand they were warm and three days later they are thriving. The nest they came from was destroyed, it was in a gutter a good 4m above the balcony so a big fall.

They each weigh about 11g, which amazes me really. Such warmth from such tiny bodies.

25 Likes

Comfortable after a day in the garden helping us tidy up!

22 Likes

Batman and Robin

23 Likes

Yesterday I told Orson that he was adopted (one year ago to the day) and that I wasn’t his real parent.

He seemed nonplussed.

33 Likes

He’ll love you even more for it.

1 Like

That’s because he thought he adopted you

11 Likes

Trust you have a great minder for him Rod when you travel for those wine tastings

2 Likes

I do! It’s his chance to mix with other dogs, and children too. He loves it there, and they love him…

3 Likes

Really? I would have thought he’d realised this by now. After all you don’t look anything like each other.

6 Likes

Pluto deep in thought out on his walk this morning.

26 Likes

First trip of the year to the Ebworth estate … muddy but fun for Badger.

18 Likes

All those trees!.. Badger spoilt for choice again! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

That tree in the near ground is impressive!

3 Likes

It’s magnificent

1 Like

Best breed!

1 Like