Show us your pets

We had a Dachshund when I was younger.
One day I was cleaning the cage out for my pet Gerbil. I went to empty the dirty sawdust from the cage in the bin and came back to find the Gerbil missing. Eventually I found it dead in the basket of our lovely little Dachshund Sinbad who was jealously guarding his prey. When I tried to take it off him he bit me on the ear. Blood everywhere.
Oh well I guess dogs will be dogs :wink:
I still prefer dogs to cats any day.

1 Like

Ach I know and you’re right, and @igahman too, it’s not the cat’s fault, cat will have been desperate to get its paws on them. It would be great if owners would keep cats indoors at night at least here in NZ, I think many owners don’t understand the damage their cats do to the native wildlife. I’ll try to make the enclosure more cat proof for next year.

1 Like

We have the same problem here. We’re 100m from a National Park and see cats go in and out of the park all the time. If your dog went in the ranger would be knocking on the door within an hour. Owners need to be a little more responsible imo.

2 Likes

Oh no!! Nature can be so cruel. I was really looking forward to seeing them grow up. I like cats but they can be very destructive to bird life unfortunately. What a shame.

1 Like

Unless your cats are of the “Sumatran tiger” or “African lion” varieties then cat proofing your home is not difficult - to either keep yours in, or keep other cats out….

It is more a question of owner discipline than anything else.

(Indoor kitties for nearly twenty years!)

2 Likes

Koby reading right to left (Hebrew)

23 Likes

He’s an Aussie he thinks you’ve got it upside down. :grin:

3 Likes

Meet Ollie…

9 Likes

The real Ollie…

22 Likes

One Old Codger snoozing on another Old Codger (also snoozing)

21 Likes

Afternoon naps are compulsory at a certain point

2 Likes

Absolutely, the “eighty-something” ** snoozing on the “sixty-something”…… :laughing: :laughing:

** rough “cat years” to “humin years” conversion

4 Likes

In my case add a thirty-something dog to the afternoon nap mix.

Willy

2 Likes

Maybe we need a new thread, entitled “Pets and Old Buqqers having afternoon naps”, preferably with shots including Hifi!

Not sure about socks though. :laughing:

4 Likes

Quite frankly, I prefer socks to bare feet if there’s a poll?

Good point, well made!

1 Like

I have a few days to think about bringing this little guy home, he’s only 4 weeks old and we wouldn’t get him for another 4 weeks.

29 Likes

Could be hard to resist Pete! I am a big believer in getting another pet quickly. It doesn’t mean anything to the one you sadly lost or reduce your love for him at all because that consideration is all in your family members’ minds. But it would give you something other than planners and builders to think about over the next year. And personally I think having a pet or two around us makes us better people too.

8 Likes

I definitely agree, the only doubt I’m having is that we’re likely to have a few months renting and that can make it difficult (especially a pup). I do miss have a furry friend and he’s pretty hard to resist.

3 Likes

Just go for it Pete

All will adapt

1 Like