Show us your pets

“Mum’s running the Roomba. But we’re safe up here!”

L-R: Pixie, Coralee, Jasmine

17 Likes

48 hours ago we had the most wonderful, loved and adored five year young Cockerpoo, Alfie who was with us 24/7/365. Tonight we are 5/6 hours into the grieving of having had to put the poor wee man down this afternoon. No alternative, no chances, nothing that could ever recover him from a spinal death that gave him no options of a proper life even if an op’ had succeeded . The best veterinary neuro surgeon in Scotland Jacques told us that he had only once ever seen such a case that Alfie and us have just been so very, very unlucky to have this occur.

I’m a total mess and so I’m playing Tony Joe White for Alfie who absolutely loved his voice and music. Here is a pic of him just a few weeks ago after a haircut when he had just turned five years old.

26 Likes

So sorry! It is the worst feeling :frowning:

4 Likes

RIP Alfie

3 Likes

My condolences, Steve

Euthanasia is a compassionate final gift of caring, for the avoidance of pain and suffering. Our pets have this advantage over us humans!
The separation of losing Alfie is a dreadful experience but you have memories of good times that nothing can take away :broken_heart:

9 Likes

Thank you, Debs. The wonderful veterinary neuro surgeon in Stirling after his shocked amazement of Alfies prognosis speaks volumes when he told us that he was glad we had made the decision we had that and he would have done it for one of his own adding that I have never said this to any of my patient owners before. It helped to take a load off and we knew it was a for real statement from one of the best pros in the business (as it turned out).

4 Likes

Life is sweet Steve and memories keep our past alive and Alfie will be with you and your family for years to come.

Sending along a good thought that your grieving passes quickly.

4 Likes

So sorry to hear about this.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that Steve.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear your heartbreaking news Steve. You did the kindest thing for a dear and loyal companion.

2 Likes

Heartbreaking🙏

2 Likes

Sorry to hear this news. They give us unconditional friendship and leave a big hole in our lives when they have gone.

2 Likes

I am so sorry

best wishes

Ian

2 Likes

Steve I’m sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Violet looks like a dog I’d kidnap, such a beautiful face.

10 Likes

Very sorry to hear this Steve. Farewell Alfie.

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and thoughts. I must admit that this is harder than I ever thought imaginable.

3 Likes

It’s tough Steve the buggers get into your heart and it hurts like hell. Take care.

4 Likes

They’re part of the family and leave paw prints on your heart.

2 Likes

Hi Pete, yes, she is a beauty but I thought her new tug-o-war pal would fit your aspirations better.

Note: we have a defence force to prevent kidnapping named Putin (pre-Ukraine)

11 Likes