Show us your pets

My Norwegian Forest has much the same attitude to grooming.

Tyr’s response to a comb would definitely be
“…make it easier on yourself. Go find a bridge to jump from!”:rofl:

20 Likes

Brushes and combes are not the only cat grooming aids. We once had a large ginger tom who had a vacuum cleaner fixation. He was besotted with being vacuumed with the nozzle and would roll around to ensure that all parts got treated.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s not happening here either🤣
He doesn’t mind a grooming glove, but in all honesty he keeps himself in almost perfect condition. He is the only long haired (Furred) critter we’ve had that has never needed a knot/mass teasing out of him and we’ve had plenty of them in the last 40 years…:man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Ike, through prowling through fields, hedges etc, keeps his coat in pretty good order. The only exception is as he sheds his winter coat he can develop “tats”, usually around his chest. He tolerates me teasing those out… but only just.

Willy.

2 Likes

I think if I approached Latika with a comb, the loss of a limb is likely to occur if his recent trip to the vet is anything to go by, I and the veterinary nurse both needed a plaster or two. This is an improvement on his last visit, when the rescue took them to the vet, Latika bit someone. When I arrived at the vet I did warn them, they assured me they were used to feral kittens. After the appointment and he was back in the carrier they said they had never seen such a fierce feral kitten. At home when he feels secure he is a sweet-natured cat that would rather hide than fight and often brushes up against my leg and will on rare occasions allow me to stroke him.

Sakli whilst not happy with the vet trip, took it in the manner of a sullen teenager and sulkily cooperated with me and the vet. Over the last month has turned into a fuss bucket and demands strokes regularly, unfortunately, this is sometimes in the middle of the night and I get woken by him vocalising his need for strokes. I expect he would probably enjoy it and I might get a brush for him at some point.

2 Likes

Hi Steve,

Really sorry to hear about Alfie. Our thoughts are with you and yours. Take care Mate.

1 Like

Strider, the Yankee Golden Doodle. Age 7. He doesn’t retrieve. He isn’t smart. That’s what happens when you mix two breeds up together. He’s a sweet guy. No one sneezes when he’s around.

22 Likes

Good thing he’s cute though, he looks like a dog kids would love.

He’s a chill dog. He’s great with kids, but he prefers to hang with other dogs most of all. He finds us humans boring. He’s a hand licker. Doesn’t lick faces. Loves green beans. Insists on barking to let me know we have visitors and only stops when I tell him “Yes, yes, I see the visitors. thank you for calling it out.”

4 Likes

Bleu crème British short hair?

He’s a BS alright but not sure about the official colour code! He’s a sort of fawn colour so yes, could be right.

1 Like

@Slim68 thanks Simon, that means a lot. I hope you are doing well.

1 Like

Apparently Mr. Boomerang has opinions on which gear I should be trading in against my NSC 222 / NAP 250. Here he is looking all sweet and innocent:

And here is the reality

Fortunately bubble wrap seems not to taste good to him and he also managed to avoid all of the original packaging for the other items shipping out on Monday.

18 Likes

…it would have been a tough return if he had the opportunity to drag it out for inspection and unwrapped it for you using his claws and teeth. Of course only trying to be helpful.

1 Like

Because tomorrow is Father’s Day in this country - and presumably only for this reason - Lucky and Lazanja let me have the best listening spot on the sofa today.

17 Likes

34 Likes

It’s jolly uncomfortable when you are a long-haired cat and it’s hot, so sleeping in the garden is the way to go…

22 Likes

Yeah, Tyr has spent the whole day in the Hedgerow.

Yep, best to find some shade.

Willy.

19 Likes

We know you only fed us 10 minutes ago but is it dinner time yet?

21 Likes