Show us your scale model kits!

I have always loved le mans more than F1, especially since Senna has passed and Schumacher has left. All the best to Schumacher’s recovery.

1 Like

Oops I forgot Jaguar Type D (the bat mobile) was also a Le Mans racer!

7 Likes

Took my little black 1/8 scale out for the bash. Omg, it reached 95.3km/h on grass which was pretty horrifying for me. Back when it was nitro, it reached 53.4km/h and I thought that was decent given its age. At much higher speed, it was all over the place. To tame this beast, I changed the droop rate, camber angle, spring tension and change diff oil weight and put on a set of badlands wheels.

The field was about 140 x 100m with short grass. Not bad. But at 95km/h it only takes a few seconds to go the full length. Good thing two sides of the field slope up with tall grass (and trees). The grass would fairly quickly slow it to a halt assuming I don’t hit a tree. But silly me I ended up running it into a stone wall on the other side and the car came out second best against the wall. :sob: Here is a list of damages:

• Lost one suspension rod.
  • Bent one suspension rod.
  • Cracked wheel hub carrier.
  • Snapped steering arm.
  • Snapped suspension holder.
  • A number of bent screws and lost 2 e-clips.

Not a mark on the tyres or wheels or bumper or shell which is remarkable. Thank God I have spare parts so I am not grounded totally. The only thing I don’t have is a wheel hub carrier spare. But the old carrier still appear operational and stable.

More spares are on the way between mid Jan and end of Feb. Hopefully soon and I don’t break anything else in the meantime. I did wear out the rear diff and overhauled both front and rear diffs just recently. :joy:

All fixed!

Imagine the cost if it were full size. Anyway, I hope you don’t think I am this reckless or careless behind the wheel on the road. :smiley:

2 Likes

Daniel

Great idea for a thread. I’m really enjoying all the talent on display.

1 Like

Lotus 107B from 1993. Tamiya 1:20 scale

6 Likes

1967 Corvette 1:12 scale Monogram

3 Likes

USS Constitution 1:96 scale (unfinished)

6 Likes

Omg, this is beautiful. I couldn’t tell it is not finished if you didn’t say so!

1 Like

Thanks David! I have put 135 hours in it so far. I estimate I will need about 500 hours to finish it. Every part is painted and assembled. I still have 33 sails to paint and install with all the roping.

Wow! Much better than a jigsaw puzzle. Something to look back and admire at for decades. Worthy to be a family heirloom imho!

1 Like

Does this count? Not the loco, that’s bought. The building flat is scratchbuilt out of moulded plasticard sheet and shapes on foamboard and painted. The L sign is made up of 3 layers of plastic and card. It is intended as part of a layout being built in 3 box files.

steve

5 Likes

Love the car models! I have a stash of 1/24 & 1/25 scale hot rod and short oval racers to build…one day!

steve

This one is for sale down the street from me, it’s tempting :blush:

3 Likes

Heavily modified 1/16 scale Tamiya Tiger 1 kit to be historically authentic. Tiger 132 of 101 SS Heavy Panzer Battalion was put on an OP on the 13th of June 1944 in late afternoon at point 213 1 km outside and overlooking Villiers Bocage on the Route Nationale 175. The following day the tank got knocked out by what is thought to have been a British anti tank gun. The crew survived including the tank Commander Verner Wendt. The scene surrounding the model was built to resemble, where it was on the day by myself. These photographs were taken with the diorama placed on our garden table. The project took 18 months and I have yet to complete 2 crew members chatting to 2 German Panzer Grenadiers standing in front of the tank.
ATB Peter

21 Likes

Wow, that’s awesome, looks completely realistic :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you litemotiv, it was heck of an OCD project. :crazy_face: ATB Peter

Just Wow.

1 Like

Another couple of close-ups and last the actual tank going through the French town of Morgny and thought to have been taken 8th of June 1944. Best Peter

7 Likes

Just make sure your wife doesn’t sell them on one day at the price you told her you paid for them! :joy: ATB Peter

Lovely collection :+1:t3:

1 Like

My wife is an active/willing participant in purchases for the collection. She picked out several for herself. We used to go to the F1 USGP, 12 Hrs of Sebring, and Petit Le Mans regularly. About half the collection was bought from vendors there.