Show us your Solstice

:sleeping_bed:

1 Like

Since mine is going to look the best we should just stop the thread here to keep erryone exicted, and to save my spot. Yes!

2 Likes

@MattCray :eyes:

2 Likes

Someone has posted a picture of their Solstice on Facebook in the Naim Audio group with a caption in French. Just the pic with Genesis Seconds Out playing. Sadly, no comment on how good it is

It’s ok, but they’re not the same without Gabriel.

6 Likes

No coincidence…the best Gabriel song? Solsbury Hill?
Okay, a bit of licence with the spelling?

1 Like

It’s only about 40 miles away, so I’ll let you off.

Aftermarket platter mats already out…
1rce1ft_jne_m

5 Likes

To clarify, that ‘someone’ is Naim France sales manager - it’s his demo unit.

1 Like

:grinning:

This was the Solstice prototype before Simon Matthews got involved.

7 Likes

Naim Solstice, a new yawn.

We need more photos to stay awake!

With Morris dancers😁

Oh no, that’s the model I bought, do you mean to say there’s a better version?

I had the pleasure of listening to this deck (at a secret location!!), with Naim top end amps (not Statement sadly, a missing power supply put a stop to that) I can state that without a doubt no one will be disappointed with the detail this deck retrieves, it’s a quite incredible sound, sadly I will not be placing an order, my finance manageress will not sign off the funds, you all know to whom I refer lol!

1 Like

I’m really sorry to have to break this to you but yes afraid so.

It’s had a bit of a revamp since.

1 Like

You can see how the low noise power supply was there from the start, though it moved off-board obviously. I really do not see where the deep platter evolved from though!?

You are quite correct of course. But even in this early primitive version it was already revealing an astounding musicality showcasing the PRaT of a nursery rhyme or two.

1 Like

Had that one when I was young. Maybe that’s where it all started :sunglasses:

The Fischer Price is just as valid as the Sondek in its own way. It’s a musical awakening.

2 Likes