Show us your Sondek

It most certainly was…! Very well spotted… :astonished:
(how on earth did you work that out…???)

Just checking Fly On a Windshield out…

1 Like

And liking that DV cart!

1 Like

Thanks… :grin:

Its the 3rd 10X that I have had. And would likely be replaced by a 4th 10X, as/when… :astonished:

OK, so here goes:

1. Charisma Mad Hatter label: Narrows it down to a small number of artists.
  2. Lots of text, maybe enough to list the tracks on both sides of the disc: probably The Lamb Lies Down Side 1 or Side 3.
  3. Penultimate track is long (In the Cage?) followed by a short track (Grand Parade?) so it’s probably Side 1.

However, I can’t tell whether it’s a first press, a repress from before 1979, a reissue or a Nick Davis remix.

OK. I’ll get my anorak now.

9 Likes

That’s very impressive… if a little bit ‘anorak-y’… :crazy_face:

Its an original copy - bought I will guess, around '79/80.

I discovered Genesis a bit late - when And Then There Were Three came out. But I then quickly worked my way through their back catalogue. I am not a fan of what came after ATTW3… :expressionless:

2 Likes

Here’s my 1976 repress on my 1990 Sondek which was upgraded with the original 1994 Cirkus subchassis and bearing. Plinth is walnut and the arm is an original Ekos from earlier in 1990.

15 Likes

Just looked closely at my copy of The Lamb. And compared it with the info on Discogs…

Anorak Warning…!!

The sleeve of mine has Marketed by B& C Records - and Printed in England by Robor. Which seems to mean its likely a repress…

This version -

2 Likes

Hello @PaulDavies,
I have pretty much the same spec. as you. Are you going to change anything with your LP12?

8 Likes

And the old girl (in French i suppose feminine …platine) just had a minor service with an oil change. The Akiva was diagnosed as very clean and audibly still pretty good

1 Like

I think your kit is a little newer than mine: I see that your Ekos has the newer style cueing lever and your Lingo is in a full-width case, whereas my Lingo is in a narrow case.

I am considering an upgrade to Klimax spec if it’s worth it. We’ll see.

1 Like

Purchased 1985 with LVX basic arm plus AR P77. Upgraded arm to Ittok LVIII and Linn K18 after an insurance claim. Arm was damaged.
2004 baseboard, cirkus bearing, top plate, new motor and arm board with Linn Adikt cartridge. 2005 added Lingo 2, swapped Ittok for Ekos2, Akiva and finally a Linto. Sounds pretty good still but I am still looking how and what to upgrade end of year or early to mid next year

Hi LP 12 owners. My original LP12 is in my dealers in Belfast for a well needed service. They have both a like new Karousel and Kore for sale. Which do you think would benefit me more at this point - and more importantly would it be worth the strive at home to get both done - we are talking £ 1100 for both and possibly a divorce. Many thanks

2 Likes

Hi @Petzhou1
It’s widely acknowledged that the new Karousel bearing is the single biggest upgrade you can make to an LP12. If you’re only able to do one upgrade, this is the one to go for above anything else. It does make sense to do both upgrades at the same time but not at the expense of your marriage!!
1GL

3 Likes

I’m sure you can get through the battle at home you sweet talker you

Go for both at the same time albeit karousel will give the most uplift in SQ

2 Likes

Gut feel is that if getting both done and a divorce is not the end of the world then go for it. It might not come to that anyway. Upside would probably be more time with your music if all 3 came to fruition anyway. Keep us updated!

1 Like

Since none of these upgrades are really visible you could just do it and not tell!

1 Like

Karousel best option.

2 Likes

Great option for you and you have the latest heart in the machine.
Unless your going to go Ekos SE-1 and a fancy cartridge anytime soon then when I had a kore I reckoned it was a good 75% ish of the keel I changed to.
I know you won’t see the upgrades but you will enjoy the added performance it all brings.
I highly recommend this for your move.
Take partner for lunch or day out in Belfast to compensate.
Good Luck

1 Like

Wow what a turn this thread has taken :roll_eyes:

I would definitely NOT place HiFi at a level where it introduces issues in a marriage. Joking aside… how pathetic

Hi all
Many thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. In the end I decided on advice to go for the Karousel. However at the last minute the inner devil in me felt the Kore at nearly half the new cost was too good to walk away from - so I ordered both. Inevitable I suppose. One marriage tottering on the edge! (only joking)

4 Likes