Show us your Sondek

How does it work Toon ?

Benefits please

Your black top plate kills me. I MUST have one!

What effect does it have on the ‘bounce’? Did you have to have the suspension lifted at all?

Some info from the manufacturer:

“Evenstar weights 118 gm, it is machined from a solid billet of aluminium, anodised and finished in satin silver.

The side that makes contact with the vinyl rests on three machined lands. The topside has a machined out recess which aids weight distribution and gentle down force.

There are no adverse affects on the suspension or bearing.

The point is to stabilise the record and make the job of the stylus more optimal. This results in a better sound quality. There is a clarity to the sound and greater authority”

1 Like

No comment from @Skeptikal yet?

1 Like

I’m being background Skeptikal.
Thanks for the witch hunt warning. :roll_eyes:
Keep up.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I have been trying to find out more about this- 2 questions- how is it sounding and secondly how much do they cost (vulgar question- apologies!)

If you like the matte black look that much I would suggest to take a look at the StackAudio Alto+, it’s a more elaborate design, exquisitely machined from a billet of aluminum and reasonably priced, at about 1/3 of the Karmen.

1 Like

From TA themselves……

Evenstar weights 118 gm, it is machined from a solid billet of aluminium, anodised and finished in satin silver.

The side that makes contact with the vinyl rests on three machined lands. The topside has a machined out recess which aids weight distribution and gentle down force.

There are no adverse affects on the suspension or bearing.

The point is to stabilise the record and make the job of the stylus more optimal. This results in a better sound quality. There is a clarity to the sound and greater authority.

No effect on the suspension or the bounce. It only weighs 118grams

It’s a Tangerine Audio Karmen. Had it a couple of years now. It was a good upgrade and, yes, it does look nice in the black anodised finish.

1 Like

I’m only a few hours in but it’s very impressive and so easy to remove too (so you can easily hear a with/without comparison).

I’m very happy with it and it’s a good upgrade.

It costs £270.

2 Likes

Excellent- many thanks for the info. I’m guessing it just sits over the spindle on the lp12?

Yes. Exactly that. And it fits perfectly.

2 Likes

Just add the TA evenstar to my deck from demo yesterday with Peter @Cymbiosis

His demo set up is stunning 552 3x 250 DR active into Kudos T808 with LP12 as source

I took with me a couple of what I believe to be my best recordings MOFI Alan Parsons Eye in the Sky and Roger Waters new Amussed to Death, not a night and day as Karsouel that’s for sure, but for me richer more textured music and vocals so yes a win

This morning played a couple of my older albums Night at the Opera and Selling England, this is when the TA evenstar comes into its own dampening effect on older light weight albums is to be outstanding

7 Likes

I honestly thought this was an April Fool prank … but it seems I may be wrong.

To me the price seems excessive but I guess that is part of this hobby

Good luck to all who enjoy it

2 Likes

Me too.
I thought it was a Peter Belter like the old days.
Skeptikal or not. :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

Lovely
Flutes are best :+1:

2 Likes

Lovely looking deck, Antz, but everyone knows that planes are best - a glance at the Solid Sounds website (near Leeds) will show this to be true.

2 Likes