Show us your Sondek

Unlike a lot of members on this forum :rofl::rofl::rofl::wink:

3 Likes

Very nice photo :+1:
Lovely set up too

I would be very interested to hear an ARO and the Tiger Paw set up on identical LP12s with an identical cartridge.

2 Likes

What is the mat in that photo, please?

It’s an Achromat @anon70766008

1 Like

Thank you QS.

I have a Herbie’s Way Excellent Mat. I know that Richard Dane doesn’t like them, but I’m very happy with mine.

Yep! I’ll second that.

17 Likes

Surely this is one of those occasions where there is no single correct answer.
We are all different and like different things. If that wasn’t the case, the world would be a very boring place. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

No not on this occasion, it’s written in Naim’s ‘terms of acceptance’ when purchasing a new LP12 :rofl::wink:

Thirded with flutes

11 Likes

Unfortunately there were less than 30 Javelins made (or very near that) and so are rare as hens teeth.
I read 3 independent reviews that, apart from sub-chassis, had identical LP12’s, one with Aro the other Javelin. The Javelin was seen to be very slightly better. But a big benefit was that the Javelin has an offset bearing pillar allowing overhang and alignment adjustment something I’m informed you can’t do with the Aro. This then doesn’t limit the cartridges you can use.

The Javelin has a revised anti-skate mechanism, a weight that rotates on a bearing attached to a pillar, which means that it provides progressively more anti-skate as the needle moves through the side, which is what you want.

It also has a cueing arm incorporated.

Don’t ask me, it’s witchcraft & I don’t fully understand it, but my dealer does and there’s an incredibly detailed instruction manual available to set one up if I needed.

Long story short I’m incredibly lucky to have one (number 5 I think) and it sounds incredible!

7 Likes

I am still kicking myself for not ordering the complete arm when I had the opportunity. I have the Javelin arm wand and indeed the offset bearing pillar is very useful in trying cartridges other than Linn’s offerings. The arm wand only option still uses the same type of anti-skate as the original Aro- monofilament and weight.
Shame the arms’ limited numbers did not allow them to reach the masses- very well made and executed product.

3 Likes

Have you tried since I and others gave you clear instructions on how to do it? If not, you can’t continue to hide behind anticipation of failure.

Here’s a reminder. See this and subsequent posts:

1 Like

I will try very hard to do this, Clive!

3 Likes

Believe us, Graham, taking a photo with your mobile then uploading it into your post is an absolute doddle. As is copying pictures from the internet. A matter of a few screen button-pushes.

Thank the Forum machinery that we don’t need a third party online photo host like some fora out there (Hoffman, grrr).

Naim Forum picture posting is dead easy.

3 Likes

Thank you for those encouraging words, I’m gearing up to try!

1 Like

Hey Graham, where did you get your Giraffe Skin wallpaper? :giraffe: :joy:

3 Likes

Newquay zoo, stuck it on with cement so it can’t jog the records :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

New AT cartridge added after an unfortunate ‘jumper incident’ in July:

:slightly_frowning_face:

22 Likes

Now that, I can get on-board with! Beautiful plinth sir

2 Likes