Show us your Sondek

Gratuitous pic before potentially letting the ds-10 go.

Running the lp12 vs the streamer through my Nait2.

I hate selling things but something has to give. :rofl:

11 Likes

The LP12 is keeping it real.
Lovely setup to enjoy. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Yep, it still surprises me just what the Nait2 can give.
The problem I have is that I’m fortunate enough to have better kit still with me. Until something sells the Nait gets too little use. A nice afternoon of nostalgia though.

2 Likes

Graham, if it’s a standard Linn top plate, it’s stainless steel, not aluminium.

2 Likes

Classic album @Dazza03!

Rio was my first ever record… bought for me as a birthday gift by my Grandma when I was a kid (cool taste, obviously!)

My Grandma has long since passed, but I still have the record she bought me and still listen to it now on my LP12… still sounds amazing 42 years later!

3 Likes

Ooopps wrong thread. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

My LP12 tonearm journey has been:

1/ Basic (6 months)
2/ Ittok LVII (41 years)
3/ Ekos SE (18 months)

I’m done.

6 Likes

Until EKOS SE Mk 2 :crazy_face::crazy_face:

I do know that, Clive, so I must have been suffering from brain fade - temporary, I hope!

There is already an Ekos SE and an Ekos SE/1
A few changes done there. :+1:t2:

Somewhat similar to my journey.

1/ Basic (18 months)
2/ Ittok LVII (8 years)
3/ Rega RB300 (22 years)
4/ Ekos SE (3 months)

3 Likes

My LP12 arm history;

First 20+ years - Grace 707

Next 20 years - Rega RB1000

Not getting the 20 year itch with the Rega :wink:

11 Likes

Yes aware of that

In that case Ekos SE/2

Long time coming Skeptikal , not sure they can better the current one significantly but who knows

1 Like

Can’t see there being an SE/2 most likely get contracted out like Krane etc. :-1:t2:

1 Like

Nnnnooooo

Hopefully not :weary:

The self-selecting nature of forumites makes us an odd bunch for sure - a subset of a subset - and the numbers are certainly on the side of the Ekos. But among every long term Linn / Naim “flat earth” type I’m aware of that’s made the comparison, whether they’re online or not, my recollection is that most favour the Aro.

It’s not a contest, of course, and as long as people are happy with their choices, that’s the main thing. Back in the day, people occasionally would ask “I want to get a Linn, which arm should I get?” and I would think “if you’re in a position to compare Ekos vs Aro, try to arrange an audition, as they’re very different, and you’ll likely have a distinct preference.”

1 Like

The Krane may not come up to the lofty standards of the top Linn arms but it has to be better than my RB330 from my P3 and if parts for keeping Ittok’s up and running are getting scarce where does the budding LP12 owner go if not to Krane?

Am I correct in that the Krane arm is a Linn/Clearaudio partnership, if I am then aren’t Clearaudio arms reasonably good as I thought that Clearaudio had a good reputation within the industry?

1 Like

My LP12 Arm history is it came with a Syrinx PU2, replaced with an Ittok mid-80s and that remains in place.

2 Likes

Good advice :+1:

1 Like

Thirty odd I was told. Here’s mine :grin:

19 Likes