Show us your Sondek

Wide angle view on an i-Phone does some strange things to straight lines, anyway this is the new setup;

Linn LP12 - Selekt level minus cartridge
Naim - NSC 222 / NPX 300 / NAP 250
Speakers - currently dealers Kudos Super 20a’s on loan but 99.9% certain this is what I will be ordering
Cartridge for LP12 is Hana MH through 222
Cables are Naim from start to finish

Other than speakers and cartridge which will be new the rest is completely ex-demo and bought with some excellent savings, I could not have bought this setup at full retail.

My plan is to sit back listen and enjoy this as it is for the next 6 months or so whilst I decide whether to stick with top line MM or MCHO cartridges or look to add in a phono stage and go MCLO cartridge. No rush as what I have now has blown the old P3 setup out of the window and is totally absorbing.

Thanks.

27 Likes

The Pharcyde debut album. First release imported to the U.K. just after release. Got it in London in 1992. It was a limited edition yellow and blue clear vinyl set. I can’t remember how many copies were made.

Edit: I originally mentioned Don Christie’s in Birmingham in error. God I loved that store. Anyone here go there in the ‘80s and ‘90s?

2 Likes

Lovely looking thing, can’t quite tell is it Walnut?

Weren’t you looking at Majik😂

Yes, Majik was on the cards however when I made my first visit to the dealers and explained what I was looking to do I was offered the Selekt with its Rosenut plinth as an ex-demo purchase, the dealer was happy to wait and hold the deck for me.

So, having given the offer a lot of thought I decided that a Selekt level LP12, with the Hana cartridge in place of the Kendo for £300 more than a new Majik plus Lingo 4 was too good to refuse, so I agreed, my lovely dealer held the deck as promised and along with the Naim setup installed it all last week.

Speakers will be the Kudos 20’s, they are ordered and will be installed once the dealer gets back from his summer break.

All in all I am very happy, a great setup with no immediate need to change anything, I will possibly look at adding a phono stage at some point in 2025, and maybe moving to a LO Hana cartridge as well but there is just no rush as I am loving the step up in sound quality.

For now It is vinyl time, revisiting old favourites and hearing bits that I am sure weren’t there before.

13 Likes

Sounds like a great deal - enjoy.

1 Like

Thank you.

The set up looks absolutely amazing. Well done ! Lovely LP12 with great spec. The tone arm looks awesome - the Arko I take it.

Nice NC set up too and speakers. That’s all the system you will ever need, unless you are anything like me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Lovely setup and Kudos to you. :wink: :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Yes the TT comes with the Arko arm, full Selekt spec apart from the Linn cartridge.

I have to say that it is great, a huge step up from the previous system.

Lots of listening to come, re-visiting my vinyl collection is going to be an enjoyable experience.

4 Likes

Thank you, and yes 20A’s

:grinning:

1 Like

What was that you had before?

Rega P3 + Exact / Hegel H95 / ATC 7’s plus an Audiolab 6000cdt for spinning those CD’s

2 Likes

New deck running in in advance of install next Wednesday. Peter and his team have impressed me greatly so far. After all of this year without a working a turntable I’m salivating now to say the least. Photo courtesy of Cymbiosis.

36 Likes

Looks the business to me. Not long to go now!

2 Likes

Indeed. The anticipation is great as you know Dan

1 Like

I am so excited for you. I know how much it means to you. With all the work in your room, mains supply and system building, I hooe this will be the icing on the cake! The piece de resistance !

2 Likes

Thank you friend. I’ve been following your system changes sooo closely also. How is it sounding with the fresh out of the box Farad 3? Maybe move your answer to your thread :thinking:

1 Like

The Stiletto is brilliant! Enjoy!

2 Likes

Looks pretty damn good to my eyes, enjoy the music when it arrives.

2 Likes

I will report back on how it sounds in my system. How it compares with the heavily tricked up Solstice that I owned will be difficult to determine as I’ve gone active and can’t do an a/b but I will have a stab at it

3 Likes