Show us your Sondek

It’s your LP12 and if you want the platter to be shiny that’s great by me

I would be in far more trouble than you , my idea :bulb: of an LP12 is one with a customised colour - of bright yellow.

4 - Yellow_Pantone 1375 C

Shame, shame, shame

4 Likes

I like the look of that, a black anodized platter?

It’s from the Linn website, all their images of coloured decks have the same discolouration / smudge , my guess is that it’s a normal platter but a lousy photo

2 Likes

Check out some of Perreaux’s latest amps, they do colours to order. You could get a good match.

Almost.

1 Like

I think Sugden do as well, I must admit that as I get older I find brighter and more vibrant colours much more appealing

I could live with that amp…

Naim could do a range of colours for the Solstice and employ me to polish the platters for them. “The Solstice Special Bling Edition”.

2 Likes

Boddah what did you use to polish the platter, see some different polishes for different parts noted?

I used Brasso, I was a little apprehensive at first but more than happy with the result and it seems to retain it’s shine without the need for lacquer and only an occasional buff with a soft cloth.

1 Like

For cleaning the top plate I use these, they removed grime and marks I had thought were permanent stains.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t use an abrasive cleaner on the platter unless it’s in really bad condition. Once the lacquer is removed, you be cleaning dull oxidation off every month.

1 Like

Oxidation isn’t a problem on mine, it has been several years since polishing it. If it was an issue I guess it could be lacquered again after the polish. Oxidation my be worse in humid environments.

Aro2 fever over on the other threads. I’m very interested too if it can become a reality on my LP12, but in the meantime, as a very latecomer to Aro ownership, I’m just loving the music that this magic wand conjures. Looks wonderful on an LP12 too. Simple, uncluttered, dainty even.

29 Likes

Agree KJC

34 Likes

Is that a Linn plinth ?

Looks good.

Simon Price Plinth - birds eye maple

Via Peter Swain who kindly sent it out to me here in Sydney

Bevo

5 Likes

That’s a lovely bit of kit

1 Like

Thanks Ian - it’s a beauty and sounds absolutely wonderful

2 Likes

That’s a lovely piece of bird’s eye maple Bevo.

I hope Simon does even half as well with the American black walnut SimRak stands that he is making for us.

Best regards, BF

1 Like

I’m sure it will be fantastic Bluesfan , Simon is a master craftsman , the quality is amazing

Actually I’m about to receive one of his American walnut fluted plinths for another LP12 I have and I can’t wait to see that in the flesh , as I wanted the walnut to match the speakers

When are your simraks due to arrive ?

Bevo

1 Like

Hi Bevo,
Week after next. The racks are made and lacquered now, just waiting for the glass.
Simon is on holiday next week.

I’ll post a photo once our back-up system is installed on it, even though that system now comes from the dark side of the force (Star Wars reference).

Best regards, BF

1 Like