Show us your Sondek

and with those upgrades planned!

2 Likes

Vey nice who would of thought that you would have so many different LP12 plinths to choose from when the LP12 was announced all those years ago.

1 Like

I think the choice then, were Teak (or Afromosia), Walnut or (painted) Black…

Yes, I bought mine 40 years ago and it was afromosia fluted.

1 Like

Loving the Simon Price plinths shown here. He’s clearly an excellent wood crafter. I’m happy enough with my weird pattern original Linn Oak plinth, but if I change my mind I’ll take a look. Fluting would be nice - a nod to originality together with a bespoke wood and finish.
But, I’ve a totally groundless hunch that Linn may be about to revisit the plinth and top plate (and maybe even the base while they’re at it ?) of the LP12. The plinth and top plate are components of the package that have been left largely unchanged since inception and the tricky top plate fitting in particular is a potential footfall that represents a dealer expertise related variable that I’m sure they’d like to take out of the set-up equation. TA’s Stiletto also shows that the whole top-plate, plinth, base-plate ‘box’ can (arguably) be done better, so…. what do HQ now think?
I see a handy (£5k a go for the ride?) opportunity to raise performance levels just as Naim enter the game and launch a serious assault on their battlements?
As I said, totally groundless speculation. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Mine still is… Bought in 1981.

That’s my sofa Toon! And the reflection of my trousers! :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Speaking of Simon Price plinths…

31 Likes

Day 2 after the biggest upgrade my LP12’s had in its 40 year life (Kore → Keel and Ittok → Ekos SE) and I’m still staring at it.

As a mariner, I have some past experiences of keels but this one trumps them all😂

And, yes, it sounds as good as it looks (fortunately)

31 Likes

That is a beautiful turntable Toon- enjoy!

2 Likes

Lp12 /majik subchassis/ cirkus/ hercules/ ittok lv2/ Dynavector 10x5

25 Likes

Thats… quite similar to my LP12 -

LP12/Cirkus (with standard steel Cirkus sub chassis)/Lingo Mk1/ Ittok LV11/DV10X4

14 Likes

Nice plinth :+1:

Is that an original plinth ?

It is a thing of great elegance

Thank you- it’s not the original plinth. It’s a SimPlinth in high gloss Indian Rosewood from Simon Price that I had fitted a few months back. Very happy with it

16 Likes

Flutes are just so beautiful :heart_eyes:

Flutes were standard, back in 1981… :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Ditto :slight_smile:

Temporarily in the office whilst running in a GR rebuilt Karma.

33 Likes

To my eye, your amazing image of a LP12 ( and the other one with @IanRobertM ) are lovely examples, - fluted plinth and Ittok tonearms. That’s how I see a perfect LP12. Beautifully balanced.

Great photo.

4 Likes

Yes, nice one and sounds excellent … :smile:

1 Like