Show us Your Tablette 10

I’m actually ‘at’ work at last so will measure and report back at tea-time - as we call it up here!

G

18 Likes

With Fraim

12 Likes

14.5cm from rear solid wall & 2.5m apart and 2.75m to listening ears!

This is the information I got from GraemeH in September 2019 re positioning. Of course it may have changed with his signature version.

Well remembered. @anon4489532 As I was checking the distance from the back wall at the weekend I can add:

5.5 inches at nearest point and 6 inches at farthest point. So the very slightest toe-in.

Thanks

Graeme

Heres mine again. Solid steel SS6 stands filled 3/4 with Attabites. Love them. Postioning has changed a bit since this as they have settled in more. Have more toe in following ProAcs recommendations and about 35cm to the wall.

19 Likes

ProAc recommend to toe in so you don’t see the sides of the speakers and I have followed this recently and I am pleased with the results. Mine are just over 2m apart and about 35cm from the wall. My listening position is about 3.8m away and they fill my room at low levels.

Just to show you what the Tablette 10s prevent you from having to struggle with, these are the huge boxes that arrived here from HH’s home today.

10 Likes

That’s about the size I had before my Tabs.

Tablet 10’s at the cabin. 172XS/NAT05XS/NAP200

22 Likes

I find the whole issue regarding the Tablette 10 in both forms quite interesting. I have a pair in oak that I have recently put into a second system I use. they were replaced in my main system with PMC 20.21 that I purchased used about two months ago. The reason for this was that I found the Tab 10 to be really not suited to rock music because they lacked “slam” for want of a better word. The PMC give me this.
I have no intention of getting rid of the Tab 10s, I like them but don’t want to listen to them currently when playing music. I note from the profiles of people posting here that they use substantially more amplification than I do, I have an XS2. I am also intrigued by what speakers people have gone to Tab 10s from. In my case I went from the PMC 20.21 and realised over two and a half years what I was missing.
In terms of positioning for the Proacs I eventually had them about one and a half meters apart and toed in at 6 and 5 and a half inches.
So I will be interested in what Mr HH does eventually think of his new purchase.

I changed from the Tab 10’s to the PMC twenty5.21’s for the very same reason as you - the Tab’s were just too polite (to my ears at least) with rock music. However, I do think that the voicing on the Tab 10’s is just superb. It is better than the PMC’s and in fact I don’t think I have heard voicing in much under 5k as good as the Tab 10’s. If I ever find myself in a position where I am in a small room with near field listening, I would go back to the Atom/Tab 10 combination like a shot - brilliant duo

5 Likes

It’s worth remembering that I have an NDX2/555DR and Supernait 3 up them. A very different proposition to driving them with an Atom. Having come from SL2s with a 300 I can only say that they are delightful. Quick as a flash and a lovely engaging sound.

5 Likes

Indeed. When I moved my Tab 10’s to long axis of room I also changed Atom to Nova ( which isn’t NDX2/555/SN3) but still a big upgrade on Atom. But I still couldn’t get them to do what I was looking for. But YMMV.
However, I still think that for a fairly small space the Atom/Tab 10 duo gives you a brilliant system for not that much money. Your new system sounds lovely and I hope it gives you lots of pleasure

1 Like

Reminds me of the task I faced a few weeks ago when I unpacked my SL2s, Allaes under one arm SL2s a different story altogether.

1 Like

19 Likes

They look good David. Looks like everything has worked out well all round.

2 Likes

Stunning veneer…those were the days, nothing quite like it now. Enjoy.

1 Like

Naim did make some exceptional speakers back in the day.

2 Likes

Those look wonderful in that setting, enjoy them David.

1 Like