Show us Your Tablette 10

I changed from the Tab 10’s to the PMC twenty5.21’s for the very same reason as you - the Tab’s were just too polite (to my ears at least) with rock music. However, I do think that the voicing on the Tab 10’s is just superb. It is better than the PMC’s and in fact I don’t think I have heard voicing in much under 5k as good as the Tab 10’s. If I ever find myself in a position where I am in a small room with near field listening, I would go back to the Atom/Tab 10 combination like a shot - brilliant duo

5 Likes

It’s worth remembering that I have an NDX2/555DR and Supernait 3 up them. A very different proposition to driving them with an Atom. Having come from SL2s with a 300 I can only say that they are delightful. Quick as a flash and a lovely engaging sound.

5 Likes

Indeed. When I moved my Tab 10’s to long axis of room I also changed Atom to Nova ( which isn’t NDX2/555/SN3) but still a big upgrade on Atom. But I still couldn’t get them to do what I was looking for. But YMMV.
However, I still think that for a fairly small space the Atom/Tab 10 duo gives you a brilliant system for not that much money. Your new system sounds lovely and I hope it gives you lots of pleasure

1 Like

Reminds me of the task I faced a few weeks ago when I unpacked my SL2s, Allaes under one arm SL2s a different story altogether.

1 Like

19 Likes

They look good David. Looks like everything has worked out well all round.

2 Likes

Stunning veneer…those were the days, nothing quite like it now. Enjoy.

1 Like

Naim did make some exceptional speakers back in the day.

2 Likes

Those look wonderful in that setting, enjoy them David.

1 Like

Do you have the 10 Sigs or regular? I ask as I find the sigs great for rock and guitar music. The difference between the regular 10 and 10 Signatures was not subtle for me and beat them by a country mile. Out of all the small boxes in this price range they handled rock music so much better than the rest of the competition. Not heard PMC as they where out of the price range by a long shot and my dealer did not recommend them as a pairing with the Atom.

I have the regular Tablettes. I was happy with them for a long while but realised I was missing something when looking for speakers for my other non Naim stuff. After the first lock down finished I auditioned speakers at a Nottingham dealer and the thing that got me was the Proacs bass shyness. I then got the PMC speakers 2nd hand, they are actually the second pair I have had.
I do like the Tablettes, they look great in oak and the finish is brilliant, but I can’t listen to them for extended periods. I have not heard the Signatures but it interests me that people are downsizing to them.

Hi HiFiman; How would you describe the Signatures compared with the original Tablette 10s?

Tad more bass, mids and top end very similar. There is nothing shabby with the original Tab I only upgraded because I wanted cherry so went for the sig.

More of everything and for me they timed way better. I use a track called Marquee Moon by Television as one of my test tracks and it sounded so much more alive then any of the other speakers I tested including the regular Tabs. They pulled of a specific change and drum lick in the music perfectly the others all felt off and lost timing.

I’d add a wider and deeper soundstage to the above comments. That, plus the driver integration is more seamless and individual instruments are easier to follow in the mix - adding to, rather than disturbing the coherence of the whole.

They need a decent run-in to become even in performance and to really show their superior credentials. The more music you listen to the more you notice the uplift over time.

G

1 Like

When I bought my T10 Signature, I listened to both T10 and T10 Sig for 2 ou 3 hours.
To MY conclusion, the extra money is not stolen.
and it is why I bought the T10 Sig :smiley:

3 Likes

A touch of Seas Excel about the Sig’s :thinking:

2 Likes

Does that mean that retrofitting to upgrade to Signatures may be possible?..

I have SBLs too Clive. I think the footprint would be roughly similar I’d we were to replace them with Tabletts. On the other hand their smaller size might make them appear less visually intrusive on the room. I have always likes small monitors and view my SBLs as such in real terms. It would be interesting to hear Nigel’s thought on both sound quality and visual impact in due course.

1 Like

crossover changes as well apparently…

1 Like