Show us Your Tablette 10

Thanks Chris. I appreciate that. I had heard, as you mention, that the low-cap speaker cable issue was really only related to Naim separates and not the atom, so thought the 8VS would be fine. Definitely don’t want to screw up the amp. I’ll look into replacing the cables.

Are your wall lights not level or is it my wonky eyes?

Perhaps you could ask your dealer if you can borrow some cables that would be a better match and try them?

1 Like

Perspective.

2 Likes

I finally got myself a pair of ProAc Tablette 10 Signatures, in ebony. “Never buy speakers unheard” is the normal rule, and with good reason, but current circumstances preclude a regular home auditioning process, so I just went for it.

It’s way too early to make any definitive evaluation – barely a dozen hours on them, less than an hour of “proper” listening, stands that aren’t a correct fit, etc. – but thus far they’re exceeding my expectations.

I’ll be heading out of town for a few days, so I imagine 100 hours or so of continuous play at moderate levels should move the break-in process along nicely. After that, I’ll get my Custom Design FS104 Signature stands set up (new spikes, filler, etc.), and then try to carve out some time for more serious listening. I’m looking forward to getting fully acquainted with them over the coming months.

25 Likes

Gorgeous!

G

1 Like

Cheers, Graeme. They look even better in the flesh. Beautifully made speakers. I’m a very happy customer.

2 Likes

I do like the Ebony finish, but Walnut matched the best in out Room. Also got the sign of approval from the other side of the relationship.

1 Like

I once bought a pair Ruark Sabres unheard, fell in love with the finish, bought them on the spot -much to the bemusement of the owner of the shop

Funny thing is they sounded exactly like I expected them to sound. Getting rid of them was one of my two greatest HiFi mistakes

The other being trading in my LP12 which was promptly broken up for spares

8 Likes

I have always loved the ProAc ebony finish - very classy look. I had the old Tablette Sigs in ebony. Seeing these makes me want to buy a pair sight unseen!

4 Likes

Congratulations again! I look forward to hearing your report.

1 Like

Beautiful!

That’s all.

1 Like

Thanks, Clive! :+1:

how are you ? We’ve noticed you have not been on these pages too much lately?

You are a much appreciated member and hoping all is ok ?

Ian

2 Likes

Wish HH only got bored from the forum for a while

2 Likes

HH has given criticism over other past members dramatic announcement of leaving the forum. Saying they should just leave quietly. He has been somewhat influential over the years and will be missed.

1 Like

Hoping he is well, he did come in for some Mickey taking on the subject of lights.

Worried that banter can be taken the wrong way, we are all very stressed .

Back to topic, his advocacy of the Tablettes has been powerful and I note they are a lot easier to drive than my P3ESR .

:anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished:

1 Like

He will be missed, but this is not the first time he’s had a “break”.

2 Likes

Hopefully people have a life outside this forum

2 Likes