Show us Your Tablette 10

Do they still use the rhodium plated Michell binding post/sockets and rhodium plated bars? I recall my old Proac Studio 100s had these and it was one of the few occasions where the supplied bars seemed to work well. I did though notice that they slackened off pretty quickly - doubtless due to the vibrations from the speaker - and needed tightening up every few months to restore full performance.

3 Likes

I had been using for years F mounted NACA5 connections assembled by Ian Rocchi of former UHES on my D28s. I went back to the factory bars when I moved to Super Lumina HP cables earlier this year. Quite unbalanced to say the least. I then went to the SL Bi-Wire Link Set (jumpers) - a real winner.
What can I say, I am a Naim Audio aficionado…

1 Like

They look very similar Richard but are stamped ‘Proac’ as opposed to ‘Michell’.

G

1 Like

I had jumpers already so just reused them as I had them. Not sure it makes any difference as you can’t see behind the speakers from any position they don’t ruin any aesthetics for me.

Looking back over this thread it seems I’ve had my speakers for 23 days now. They have been used a lot, including for the TV sound, and we left them running 24/7 for nearly a week while on holiday.

I was prompted to post because I’m listening to Life Goes On, the most recent release by Carla Bley, Andy Sheppard and Steve Swallow and it sounds so good. It’s incredible how everything has opened up over that time, just as ProAc said it would. It’s all much freer, and the depth of bass is really most surprising. The Solidsteel stands are now loaded with Atabites and very well spiked to the floor, which is obviously helping.

As to the overall sound it’s really natural and engaging, just very nice indeed. Getting small speakers was definitely the right decision.

12 Likes

Try this HH. Blew my socks off this afternoon!

G

2 Likes

Good idea. I have that lurking on the nas and it could do with an airing. You may be interested that your TQB interconnect is doing very well. It’s been joined today by another one for my tuner, also from a Forum member. It’s a small world! I’m astonished at how good these speakers are. Of course, having a better source than before helps a lot, and I imagine the step back on the amplification is more than compensated for by the source improvement. Whatever, the whole setup is working far better than I ever expected it to.

5 Likes

Try it on a remastered analogue LP!

2 Likes

I agree best thing I have done was to ditch floorstanders and go for the Tabs. Never really got on with smaller speakers before but these do keep astounding me how just well they perform across the gamut of music and still have good bass response for a very small sealed enclosure. They make it sound effortless as well.

4 Likes

Simplified cabling.

G

9 Likes

No jumpers? Just using the bars?

@anon27418182 Jumpers now sold. Very happy with this ‘as designed’ configuration.

G

1 Like

Just looked up!

That’s far too tidy. You need scruffy!

3 Likes

Agree HH.

2 Likes

Neil. There is only one thing your system needs: some ProAc Tablette 10s. It would then be perfect.

Please don’t… please…

I have! Oh, wrong Neil… :kissing_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

Witchhat Phantom links when I owned the Tab 10 Sigs

2 Likes

I didn’t know that Witch Hat make jumpers. I couldn’t see them on their website so bought the Tellurium instead. That’s water under the bridge now of course.