Show us Your Tablette 10

Thanks for you comments @realdpg . I was using bi wired TQ blue and upgraded to single wired TQ black. I would not claim they sound better or even different to other cables. The demo speakers were provided with nac05 but the only difference I could detect was cosmetic.

The demo speakers were actually supplied without spikes on the stands but once again I noticed no difference in sq.

I have re-read your original post and note your speakers are on a desk and you are listening in close proximity. Yes I would imagine you would notice sound differences that would be unnoticeable from a normal listening distance.

ATB

1 Like

A bargain too

1 Like

I’ve used TQB for a period and found it rolled off both top and bottom.
this will work in some installations but I soon had too much of it.
I’ve heard TQBII shortly and found the same character.

1 Like

Interesting Per. I will wait for the New Year sale and give the Phantom a try. Although I’m not aware presently of any shortcomings with the TQB it may show me I am indeed missing a top and bottom.

G

me too, I have to try the Phantom vs my BlackLink

1 Like

Forgot to mention I’d definitely want to try the Kudos KS1 too, I need 6Mtr

Interesting, one of the reasons I changed from the Tannoys was I too was feeling fatigue from what you describe as shouty as well as bass being overblown. I started to get tinnitus about the same time I changed to these speakers and I started to find I was getting very sensitive to HF and these seem to be very prone to it in my room . Don’t think I’ll ever try another concentric driver as a result. They sounded great for some recordings but poor ones seemed to really suffer. Not found this with the Tabs at all.

2 Likes

For reasons various I have had to sell off my system & start again with a more modest one.

I can get a good mint second hand Tab 10 Signature in Rosewood and a mint Uniti Star.

Source will be a 2TB HDX, room is on the large size 8m x 4m, but firing across the long wall, 2.5 m speakers to seated position.

Or I was also thinking bugger it, and just go for a reference headphone set up of HDX, HeadAmp GSX Mini and Meze Empyrean with the upgraded Meze Silver XLR cables.

Budget for both clocks in about the same price wise.

Thoughts ?

1 Like

That will be a lovely combination. I had the Tab 10’s in rosewood and they are gorgeous

If your source is an HDX, might you be better with a Supernait 2 or 3?

It’s what I am limited to budget wise HH, unfortunately.

I’d have thought that a used SN2 would be cheaper than a Star. A Nait XS3 would be cheaper still if all you want is an amp to link to your HDX.

It’s what I can source locally as well HH. Very thin on the ground as far as quality second hand Naim gear goes unfortunately.

You’re in Australia - just go over to Pete the Painters house and steal whatever you need - he seems like a very nice guy so I am sure he won’t mind! :wink:

2 Likes

Hi,
I’ve just acquired some SS6 stands and am considering adding the Gaia’s as you have done, albeit on carpet so would require the carpet spikes.

What improvements did the Gaia’s bring to your system?

Great pictures btw!

1 Like

Helped tighten bass and gave a more fuller coherent sound, better stability and don’t damage the floor. Even with spike shoes, spikes caused too much damage to my floor and it makes them easier to move about postioning them. Not sure what they would bring on carpet but they made a substantial difference to mine.

1 Like

Thanks. I can see a home demo happening soon!

Our stands have finally arrived after a few weeks wait while they were being made. The last ever pair by Something Solid. We think they look so much better and the speakers sound better on them too, so it’s a win-win.

28 Likes

Very nice , have Something Solid ceased trading ? A shame if they have .

1 Like

When I spoke to Mark he said these were the last pair he would make. He is moving and will no longer have the facilities.

1 Like