Show us Your Tablette 10

Just ordered a pair of Tablette 10 Signature in a walnut finish to replace a pair of Neat Ministra. Moving to smaller speaker due to room constraints but something tells me, I will be pleasantly surprised.

9 Likes

please let us know

Received the speakers yesterday. Only had a chance to listen to an hour or so and initial impressions are a little mixed. From the first notes, I could sense more clarity in the mids with music I am familiar with. There seems to be more richness and naturalness with vocals. Listened to a little Gotan Project, Goldfrapp, Lightin Hopkins and Lhasa de Sela. I know it is still very early and they still need some breaking in but the highs seemed just a little hot/bright. Not irritating by any means but not as smooth as I expected. They were first paired with an Exposure 3010 pre w/ DAC card+mono blocks combo and a Cyrus i9-XR using my Melco NZ1 streamer. Sounded great with both.

Interesting Ants , I didn’t realise tab 10’s that much smaller than ministra’s

I have the Ministra’s and love them

Each to their own

Cheers

Let them run
Check driver make sure they are tight
Think those have link bars …. Replace with copper wire.
They tend to like heavy stands and wall loading
They definitely make less bass then your Neats
Again early days for your tab 10 sigs

I also very much love the Ministra’s but right now I need a speaker that does not produce as much bass given my smaller space.

Your space if good just finding what speakers works best in that space and giving you a fullness you desire at low listening levels is the trick
Join the led footer club and get your self some XLS and 4 Exposure mono amps !

1 Like

Ha ha good one

Thanks for the tips.

I agree many more hours of music to be played.
Yes, that is the next step, to fill my Custom Design SQ 404 stands, which work well with the speakers and replace with copper jumpers.

One day, I’ll have my man cave and go with a full stack and some stunning XLS or XL6 speakers. However, in the meantime, the idea of getting a four pack of Exposure XM 9 shoebox monoblocks for the ProAcs would be cool.

1 Like

Actually that would be cool !!!
Now you’re thinking Sir …. Wonder if Tony could do a active cross over for those ?

1 Like

They will sound quite thin and bright when new. Give them three months and you’ll then hear how good they can be. They smooth out, open up and the bass will go lower than you ever thought possible from something so tiddly.

6 Likes

Give them circa 200h to let the hf/mid-bass properly align.
With regard to the jumper-bars, I actually went back to using those fixed nice and tight after a discussion with Proac on how the speakers were developed and tested.
I found connecting directly to hf sockets (from 250DR) gives the most refined presentation
Room interaction probably matters more than the above!

I hope they work out for you.

G

3 Likes

I’ve been re-reading this thread, nine months on (where has the time gone?), and it’s been lovely to read all the kind and supportive posts from other members. Things can get a little snarky on some threads - and I include myself in that - but this one has been 100% positive.

It’s worth reflecting whether the drastic simplifications I made last year were the right thing to do and I can happily say that they were. It’s always a risk when you do something like that. The NDX2, SN3 and T10Sigs continue to give me great pleasure. The veneer is darkening nicely, which is good. The only things I’ve changed since setting everything up last year is a P8 to replace the 6, and a metal ND remote. Oh, and far too much vinyl.

Thanks everyone for your support, it’s the Forum at its best.

25 Likes

Nice recap Nigel……glad it has worked out. :+1:

1 Like

It’s been a pleasure! Probably one of my favorites threads.

Really nice to hear how much enjoyment this thread has brought. In a small way a nice tribute to Stewart Tyler. It would be nice if his family could see it.

G

4 Likes

Most important thread since the inception of the Naim Forum. :joy:

Seriously, the Tab10’s in the right room, with the right electronics, produce the most musically satisfying experience. I get why folks love them. They get the most important part of music right and keep you involved. Sure, my K6 Sig’s are better, but my Tab10s remind me that less is more and I could easily live with them. Yes, they are that good.

4 Likes

As everyone says give them time. Also placement will help experiment with it, don’t expect then to work in exactly the same places as your old ones. Play with toe in, ProAc recommend to toe them in quite a bit so you don’t see the inside panel. But you need to experiment with this to best suit your room. Also as close to the wall as you can get. They like stands with a lot of mass to help reinforce the bass. Even in my room these little things can kick out some bass at times it doesnt go as low as something bigger but what it gives is well rounded and way beyond something this small and closed should make.

I can’t say how much I have enjoyed my tabs they are just great. My room still has issues but they play along pretty well with it and better than anything else I have tried they also work extremely well though the range of Naims amps much more expensive than the speakers are themselves, so if that’s not a testament to their strengths and quality I don’t know what is.

4 Likes

Thought I would provide an update after a month of ownership and having had the opportunity to try a handful of different amps with them. Still not close to a 100 hours of use but I am clearly noticing things have changed. Like many of you have mentioned, they are opening up, the initial brightness I was experiencing has given way to a more details, more balanced and very nice low end. I do like these small boxes very much.

As suggested, I have toed in the speakers quite a bit so that I cannot see the inside panel. Placed about 10" from the rear wall. I was also fortunate to get a pair of solid steel open frame stands like HH from someone who used them with Graham LS3/5.

As for synergy with electronics, I just received my new Hugo TT2, so I was itching to connect the Melco to it and try some amps. Was intrigued by tubes, so tried a Leben CS-300XS and it sounded too forward. Incredibly open and live sounding amp but did not work with my setup. Then tried a vintage Spectral pre-amp/power amp combo with MIT cabling. This 30 year kit belonged to friend. Liked it very much, better fit with my current gear. This past weekend, had a chance to bring home a Cyrus 8₂ DAC integrated amplifier. Was not expecting too much but it really threw me a curve ball yesterday. It bettered the Leben and the vintage Spectral setup. Could be a question of synergy but it just works. If anyone wants to know, I am/was using a True Signals Audio power cord on the amp but now connected to the Melco. It brings out more from the Melco. TSA Silver RCA interconnect from TT2 to amp, TSA Silver speaker cables. Ethernet to and from Melco switch are WireWorld Platinum and USB cable from Melco to TT2 is also WireWorld Platinum.

I still want to try the new Exposure 3510 as I have a fondness for Exposure. If it does sound right for me, I may take Steve’s advice and start with 2 XM mono blocks. However, the modest Cyrus 8₂ is making music.

6 Likes