Show us Your Tablette 10

Thanks for the heads-up. I don’t subscribe but get the gist from your comments.

Best

Graeme

Many years ago I worked on the Post Office counter in Borehamwood and I think it was around 1984 and a nice chap popped in and I recognised the name S Tyler and I said I do like your speakers. He said which ones and my reply was that I thought the Tablette biamped peaked my interest and so he suggested a nice discount and very soon I was the owner of a pair of black biamped tablettes with the external crossover, which went on the end of my LP12, Basic arm and cartridge, Naim 42.5, Hicap and a couple of NAC 110’s. Sounded very nice. I also had a nice tour of the Michell factory and RamTek which serviced Revox as they were both just around the corner in Theobald Street.

Tim

11 Likes

Hi Adam - Don’t see any reference to this review at HiFi Plus online?

G

Hi-Fi+ tend to publish reviews on their website after print / online version has been out for a few weeks.

Thanks, that makes sense.

G

Suppose the delay pushes the value to the paid for content. It’s an extremely positive review with Alan Sircom musing if you really need anything more given their qualities.

Ends with a very short comparison to the Ls50 metas, which doesn’t have a winner, more a measured verdict that they have different priorities and both set the benchmark for small stand mount speakers.

The tabs are on my at somepoint in the future wishlist, having gone for the Metas during covid and getting great results from them with Kc62 sub in tandem.

3 Likes

The Hi-Fi+ review (quite moving as well actually) has now been published on their website…

8 Likes

…all of the above. As owner of the ultimate monkfish I can only agree!

Thanks for posting.

G

3 Likes

Yes, it was very interesting (and refreshing) reading how much thought and passion has gone into such a modestly priced design. Also, the (ebony?) veneer in the review photos is quite something.

I do want to hear a pair, but somehow I don’t think my little Nait will cope very well with their low sensitivity.

2 Likes

Enjoyed reading the hi-fi+ review and thanks for mentioning…

2 Likes

I was able to drive my Tab 10’s very easily with my 40W Atom (and get some very decent SPL’s from them) so I wouldn’t rule out your Nait. Have an audition if you can

3 Likes

They really do ooze quality when you pick them up and hold them, something that you just don’t get from an equally priced but massive floorstander festooned with multiple drivers, which seem to be all the rate yet have the build quality of a cornflakes packet. You may be surprised how they sound with your Qute or Nait 2. I tried mine with a Nova and wasn’t happy at all, they just sounded thin and weedy. But with the beefier Supernait 3 they are wonderful. I suspect the Nait 2 would be very good, as it’s very much more Naimy than the Nova.

1 Like

I never quite understood why my Tab 10’s were such a great match with my Atom put not great with my Nova. Nova much happier with PMC 25.21’s. I’m sure someone cleverer than me can explain what happened

Probably because i own one, but i do think that the Atom, just gets it right.

3 Likes

@crispyduck Yes, I think the smallest ‘first rung on the ladder’ all in one boxes in the Unit range have always performed a little above their expected level somehow, and my little UQ2 still often surprises me.

@anon4489532 I’ve never seen, held or heard a set of ProAc speakers as yet. The main stumbling block being the nearest dealer is an hour plus away, but I’d like to hear a pair at some point as like sealed box speakers.

1 Like

ProAc reduced the number of dealers they use a while ago, focusing on dealers who were more passionate about the brand, which led to an increase in sales. There are many dealers with massive ranges of speakers, and they can’t like them all. An hour isn’t far to travel and it may well be worth the time and effort. I tried my T10s in the late autumn lockdown of 2020. ProAc sent them to me at home and when I decided to buy some, via a dealer of course, the speakers were sent directly to my house and the dem pair picked up by the same courier. They are a great company to deal with and their sales guy is just so helpful. That was just little old me buying a pair of their cheapest speakers, which to me says an awful lot.

10 Likes

Well worth an hour drive IMHO.

1 Like

Ah, that’s very good customer support indeed - hats off to them if they were that helpful. Impressive. I’ll have a think and I’ll definitely put them on the list as I do consider my current speakers the weakest part of the chain, but I also have a system that ‘just works’ in my room, and that’s an achievement in itself. When the finances settle a bit (eldest about to head off to university) then I’ll start making some enquiries about a dem as I don’t want to waste a dealers time just to sample the ProAc sound as it were. If a used set came up I may take a risk perhaps, will see. Trouble is I know I’d want that utterly gorgeous ebony finish!

Yes, the ebony is the one I covet as well.

1 Like

I thought about ebony before too, especially after seeing them. Simply amazing (veneer or real?). But I decided to go for white for a change (after long years of dark brown or other hues of wooden boxes). They just arrived at the dealer and I am waiting for SS ss6 stands.

11 Likes