Show us your tuner

Thanks Graham. I haggled a dealer down to 30 quid for the FM3 as it was looking a tad unloved to say the least. A can of Halfords finest satin black spray paint sorted that! The FM2 is almost unmarked so remains original. It’s a valve based tuner and does sound quite warm and smooth. Just right for some jazz on R3.

1 Like

Do you have a cat? :cat2:. If yes, he should not take the Fraim for a cat tree. ( if I refer to all the scratches)

Answering the thread title request, this is my only tuner (used in conjunction with ears and hands):

7 Likes

:person_facepalming:

2 Likes

Thanks for that, I thought that it was not a QUAD standard colour.

13 Likes

Yes, but not in 2023, since 1973 or 1963….more. The system is in a room, the museum in the living room :joy:

19 Likes

I have had a NAT01/NAPST with its fade LED. By the way, it’s being turned off in the photo.

14 Likes

Sold my My NAT03 recently as s it was used very, very rarely. Sounded absolutely fantastic, never heard NAT01, but I am sure with the proper aerial It won’t be that far off.

17 Likes

British Heathkit FM-4U valve tuner in my second system together with the American AC-11 valve stereo decoder. I also have an Audiolab 8000T boxed up, but ‘radio’ in the main system currently comes through a Bluesound Node.

15 Likes

I have always thought that is such a gorgeous piece of design, especially with the supporting stand which it looks like you have.

Is there a pair of ESL63s too?

I worked in a shop in the early 90s and we had your set wall mounted, behind the counter, with a pair of wall mounted LS3/5as. And it was R2 all day.

1 Like

Both our Meridian 104s are in boxes, as is the Meridian 204.
NAT 03 is in Sue’s office system.
NAT 05 is in my office system.
Linn Kudos is in the conservatory system.
The kitchen Denon micro system has a built in DAB tuner.
All the RPi streamers have interweb radio.

4 Likes

NAT 05 + Ron Smith’s Galaxie bird perch 14

21 Likes

Get it on the Chimney Debs. :scream: :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Here’s mine. Just noticed the stereo light is off. What’s the best way to check the signal strength?

15 Likes

Don’t Naim tuners have signal strength indicators. :thinking:

Snap ! NAT-05 + G14
But not many birds in my attic.

4 Likes

I used to use the system with Quad ESL 57s. It sounded great. However when we moved house the 57s just didn’t work as well. Replaced with PMC twenty5 23s. Which are now on the end of my Naim system. ESLs in storage.

1 Like