• Slip mat
  • Clamp
  • Belt
  • Phono pre amp
  • Levelling and balancing
  • Record cleaning devices
  • Record sleeves
  • Endless record collection

Starting with pyramid cover to keep any ornaments and pets from it.

8 Likes

It doesn’t have to be THAT complicated David… but I get the point! :slight_smile:

The reward is a more organic and musical sound, so that’s for you to decide.

Claude

Totally agree @ClaudeP, that’s why I said I know myself and what would happen. Not to mention about standard stuff like power supply, interconnects. And then there is record storage to keep them flat.

I am totally sold to the benefits of records. This is why I am here and envious of all the TT on this forum. :heart_eyes: :+1:

Lol. I have an LP12 and my streaming set-up takes much more work.

1 Like

I am so overwhelmed with the volume of materials I have to sample I don’t even have time to think about it all that much. Just checkout the many threads like:

and many others under Music Room

:heart:

1 Like

Go for it fellow kiwi - it’s fun

1 Like

I am actually in Melbourne, once the most locked down city in the world in this crazy year. But I used to work at Marton off Palmerston North. There was only one traffic light in Marton at the time. It brings back some very fond memories. :blush:

1 Like

Worse than that for me - been in Sydney for 40 years. But born and raised in Ashburton South Island NZ.

They call it “Ash Vegas” because nothing ever happens there :crazy_face:

Wow, thanks to google map, I just took a virtual tour back to the office in Marton, NZ. Omg, it’s still there and the motel I used to live in and the mini-mart in between. Still I don’t find any traffic lights. I never knew where the one and only light was, I was told there is only one. I was working there back in 1995, a quarter of a century ago.

If you’ve got 9k spare…

B&O found 95 of them (to celebrate their 95th anniversary) and have restored and updated them to create a limited edition. I think it looks absolutely stunning.

Apologies for the slight thread drift !

11 Likes

Am I the only person that thinks they look awful?

No

and I thought this was a hi fi forum.

I think the design is gorgeous, but I struggle with the champagne colour. The original looked much better IMO.

I think it’s a matter of taste, the first job of a turntable is to sound good, the second is to look good - after all generally it is the pinnacle of the system .

Some may like the sleek looks of the B&O , some may prefer the engineering of the Clearaudio.

7 Likes

I think it’s stunning, but I also think £9k gets you access to some quite serious competition!

I too struggle with the champagne colour but I guess some might really like it.

It reminds me that I’ve got an old B&O 4002 somewhere around (probably in the barn) in need of repair and restoration. Either that, or possibly waiting for a trip to the tip…

I have the same problem with much ‘nostalgia’ related products including the ridiculous prices being paid for old Cortinas and Capris that I once owned. They were good in the day ( although I don’t apply that to my dislike of overpriced music centres) and can see no sense in paying inflated prices for out of date products that have been bettered since. The music centre should go in the back of the Volvo 144 estate and both should be left at the tip.

2 Likes

in a few weeks this thing will move in and replace my Rega RP8.

Phonostage remains the same, a Dynavector P75 MK IV, didn‘t hear anything better at a reasonable pricepoint.

17 Likes

Yep pure nostalgia. Sometimes it’s good to let heart rule head though. I’d still like a 2.8i Capri too :grinning:

2 Likes