What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Nazi Party events prominently featured Wagner’s music, including excerpts from Rienzi and Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg .

Dave Brubeck Quartet at Carnegie Hall

Someone posted this the other day and someone else responded favourably, so I found it on the river and stuck it in my shopping basket. Well, just before clicking to buy today, I thought I’d have a look to see if I could find it on Qobuz, which I did. So I’ve just played it and have decided to remove it from my shopping basket. It’s a nice recording, but despite interesting time signatures such as the rearranged 9/8 in Blue Rondo à la Turk, it still feels like lounge jazz to me. Sorry.

8 Likes

On vinyl, from the Electric Ladyland 50th anniversary set. Ese is jamming along with these demos on her acoustic and having a whale of a time!

14 Likes

John Coltrane Quartet - The Complete Africa Brass Sessions

Ah, that’s better!

11 Likes

Excellent album

1 Like

Now playing…

Roger Waters - The Wall: Live In Berlin

Roger Waters (Vocals), Graham Broad (Drums), Paul Carrack (Vocals), Joe Chamay (Vocals), Joe Chemay (Vocals), Tim Curry (Vocals), Rick Danko (Vocals), Rick DiFonzo (Guitar, Classical Guitar, Vocals), Thomas Dolby (Vocals), The East Berlin Radio Choir, The East Berlin Radio Orchestra, Marianne Faithfull (Vocals), James Farber (Vocals), Stan Farber (Vocals), Albert Finney (Voices), James Galway (Flute), Nick Glennie-Smith (Keyboards), Jim Haas (Vocals), Jerry Hall (Vocals), Levon Helm (Vocals), Garth Hudson (Accordion, Saxophone), John Joyce (Vocals), Jon Joyce (Vocals), Cyndi Lauper (Vocals), Ute Lemper (Vocals), Andy Fairweather Low (Bass, Guitar)Military Orchestra of the Soviet Army Orchestra, Joni Mitchell (Vocals), Paddy Moloney (Vocals). Van Morrison (Vocals), Sinéad O’Connor (Vocals), Snowy White (Guitar, Classical Guitar, Vocals) and Peter Wood (Keyboards, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… I quite enjoyed the ‘Mother’ video from Roger yesterday, a highlight of the day actually - a small bright spot in the endless days of working from home with the COVID virus, so I thought bringing Roger and lots his guests into the room this Friday morning might help brighten up today! …and it has! Sounding sublime this morning…

8 Likes

That’s one hell of a line up Mr S!

Peter

1 Like

Steve Earle. Guitar town. While I am waiting arrival of new album listening to this vinyl debut which Steve autographed at a club in Manchester ‘86 I think. Fantastic new country. Technically speaking it’s my wife’s album. Technically speaking.:sunglasses:

6 Likes

On Vinyl:

4 Likes

Lovely mellow music !

10 Likes

From 1993 very Zep influenced

3 Likes

Mudcrutch - 2 [2016]
Tom Petty back with what were the forerunners of The Heartbreakers, good stuff here where they all have something to contribute.

7 Likes

On Freshly cleaned Vinyl:

20 Likes

Simon and Garfunkel, “Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme”, CD rip

One of their best from '66

14 Likes

Talk Talk. The Colour of Spring

17 Likes

Alabama 3 - Blues.

Alabama 3 - Shoplifting 4 Jesus.

Freshly arrived, now ripped and streaming … more bonkers goodness from Alabama 3.

Just can’t stop engaging in some lockdown retail therapy, but when the choons are this good, then why not?

7 Likes

This is a fantastic album! Her voice is just lovely. Track 8 is just wonderful

Atb
Kk

9 Likes

Pink Floyd | A Saucerful of Secrets [1967]
The James Guthrie 2011 digital remaster.

12 Likes

Brian Eno. Ambient 1

12 Likes

IMG_0565

Lloyd Cole - Guesswork. If you like Lloyd’s work, this is as good as his older albums.

6 Likes