Show us your turntable

The models of mine are:
Tuner TX608
Integrated amplifier SA508
I have received them as a gift from a friend of mine.

12 Likes

There is something about much Japanese equipment of that era …

2 Likes

Specifically the Pioneer range of late 70’s and very early 80’s is quite attractive to me.

13 Likes

I definitely had those. Replaced them with Meridian 101/M2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice friend…lovely kit👍

1 Like

Just another boring Rega Planar 8 with Ortofon 2M Black. Will have an Aria in a few days. Support is a Pro-Ject Wallmount It 1, slab of slate (instead of the stock MDF shelf), Sicomin device base (plate made of epoxy-laminated carbon-kevlar fiber mats) on top. As you can infer from the loose cables, it’s a construction site right now. Will be a few weeks to get some additional parts and Naim boxes, I will post new pix then :slight_smile:

8 Likes

That’s a fine turntable, nicely isolated with a good cartridge .

Nothing boring except it’s in black

Bring back multi-coloured Regas

2 Likes

Thanks! My “boring” remark was just some fun after so many pictures of dramatic turntables scrolling by.

I love the Rega’s looks, sound, and simplicity. Initially I also loved its small size, but I think I kind of ruined that with the death star support :slight_smile:

Though had I known in winter, when I bought the Rega, that upcoming Corona-induced upgrade madness would make me buy an Aria among many other things, I would have gone with the Apheta-3 right away. On the other hand, I do love the peace of mind that comes with replaceable styluses and it is a fine cartridge indeed.

1 Like

Love it @IvoB. Had a 512D.

1 Like

Don’t worry about the Death Star support , your deck with support I think is about the same cost as a BasiK* LP12 and I suspect your RP 8 may sound better.

I am being facetious, I really meant basic

I have a feeling that a good turntable support is worth it’s weight in sound

I was still being facetious as well. When I planned it, my mental picture of the result was not quite as massive, but I do like how it turned out, visually.

I already used a Sicomin base for the Rega before the current rebuild, while it still was on top of the rack. Generally I swear by it, and of course you are right that a good support is a big part of the game. It is a vibration measuring machine after all :slight_smile:

But I have not heard the Rega on the new support yet and am getting a bit itchy. Not only do I not have the Aria yet, but I cannot even plug the Rega into my NAD C 658 streamer/pre like I did before, because it developed a fault and has been back at NAD for weeks. And my CD5i-2 is being serviced at Naim. All of this overlapped with the delivery of my new 300 DR, so that I am now in the situation of my only source playing into the 300 being a crappy BluSound streamer and it is slowly driving me mad :rofl:

The support was not that much, by the way, 129 for the wallmount. 80 or so for the slate, which I already had from before I went all Sicomin for bases. The slab turned out to be the same width as the wallmount down to the millimeter, and is slightly smaller larger but nearly the exact same ratio as the new large-size Sicomin base that sits on top now. A lucky coincidence that should be cherished because it is all too rare in system rebuilding. The large-size base was 230, freeing the Naim-sized one I had previously used under the Rega for other tasks, which is good because more boxes are incoming as we speak.

1 Like

A quick shot of a lightly modded technics SL1200mk2

10 Likes

Beeing a real vinyl afficionado there are some turntables on my side

12 Likes

@Don_Camillo That SP-10 looks nice. Did you make the plinth yourself and what are the other two TTs?

Thanks Tony. :grinning:

EMT 930 on the right, Technics SP-15 on the left. SP-10 MK II plinth I´ve bought on eBay some time ago. It´s made with birch plywood but only used to experiment a bit with different tonearms and cartridges. For best performance I´m using a SH-B3 obsidian plinth with the Fidelity Research FR-64s tonearm seen on back side of the wooden plinth. Cartridges are SPU Meister, famous SPU Gold (the variant produced in limited quantities only), Technics EPC-205C MK III and Fairchild A-225 exclusively used for mono records.

1 Like

Well this is pretty good view!

My new purchase! Replaces an lp12/lingo and I love it! Great for all my old school house/techno/jungle as well as everything else!

7 Likes

@Technarchy - I getcha! Lp 12 ain’t no good for “scratching”! :joy::rofl:

1 Like

It is to me too, even now I have a Pioneer on order.

1 Like

Lp12s are great for scratching, just add a 50p on the head shell of an ittok with a nice Mc cart and wedge suspension with cardboard!

4 Likes