Show us your turntable

See google pictures for Ars Machina TM1 turntable. The arm length seems to be ok.

Add Michell Technoweight :wink:

15 Likes

Added one of those to my RB1000, huge difference.

Tim

1 Like

Gorgeous photos.

1 Like

Those are stunning photos.

1 Like

I bought the Project special edition Metallica turntable as a thank you present for someone who has been very helpful to us. It was quite shoddy and after a piece of the arm broke off plus other problems it was sadly returned.
Fortunately the replacement was very well received.

19 Likes

Shame about the Project, but the Technics 1200 GR is a very well made TT. Seen one a couple of times now and not disgraced in the company of the 1200 G. What a lovely gift too, should last them years

*1210, sorry!

2 Likes

Yes especially as it was for a Metallica fanatic.

1 Like

I posted it some time ago. It was maybe helpful. Congrats on your new purchase.

1 Like

Hi all, here is mine. Tomorrow my new EMT Cart will arrive as to complete the setup.
BR
salvo

34 Likes

Sony PS-Q3a

22 Likes

Love it! How does it sound?

Good lord, do you have to wear sunglasses when you approach so much bling? What the heck is that copper turntable thingy?

It must sound, as it looks, very bright!

Actually, it sounds as the sweetest thing on earth.

2 Likes

Lovely steam punk type gear. It looks great. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the comment. I like your association!

2 Likes

Technically impressive I’m sure, and it may well sound good too, but why the need for three tonearms/cartridges?

Every Tonearm/Cartridge is peculiar: the SME V has a low output cartridge that is feed into a Current based pre-phono, the Pioneer tonearm has been re-cabled with pure silver connector and is connected to a low output cart which is connected to a passive transformer that is then feed into a valve pre-phono. the 12" SME has a cart that is different from the others as is high level, and it too is feed to a Current based pre-phono.
Why all this? an analogy : is like driving a petrol, then a diesel, then an electric car. They will all take you from A to B, but the journey gives different emotions.

BR
salvo

10 Likes

I cansee a Hana ML and an Ortofon which I think is a Cadenza black but I can’t make out the one at the back.
Which EMT and where is it going?

The Ortofon is a Winfeld, the back Tonearm has at the moment a Sure V15 type 4, but today I am getting the EMT HSD 006 Cart which is quite different from the rest

1 Like