Show us your turntable

Cor!

How do you decide which arm and cartridge to use? Does it vary depending on the LP?

2 Likes

Depends on the mood I guess :sweat_smile:

Koetsu is more mellow & great for vocals but still can rock. The DS Audio is more energetic and good for rock & upbeat music. The Phasemation is a revelation. Can rock & do vocals also.

2 Likes

God, what’s that like to use after a couple glasses of wine?

And have you ever just played all 4 at the same time?

7 Likes

It’s been a long journey. Took me 7-8 years to get the Koetsu to sing. Nearly gave up already. All this time, I had it on a medium mass arm. Last ditch effort, tried my Blue Azule on the FR64S arm on a whim. Wow ! From then on the last last 2-3 years started to acquire more stone bodies and this is where I am today. Just mounted the Black Glanz + Tiger eye Friday night. Plan to listen to more music than ever. Starting to explore pop / rock bands from '70s (Steely Dan). I grew up in the '80s. Nowadays, what I classify as pop, a young person would call it golden oldies :pensive:

Took me a while to figure out what was going on there!

That set up looks like a lot of fun! How do you find the different headshells?

Well, if you’ve decided to dip your toes into vinyl … :wink: Impressive!

2 Likes

Which phono stage(s) do you use?

Hi, are there sonic differences between the koetsu stonebodies? The biggest koetsu I know is the vermillion red which is musically nirvana fo me.

DS Audio + Glanz = can rock.
Koetsu = more mellow
Phasemation = very nice. Mellow & can rock (what a revelation. More sensitive to setup)

Different Koetsus ? So far, Blue Azule more mellow, Blue Lace more neutral. Tiger still too new, need time to listen more.

Audio Research Ref10 phono = 2 inputs
Phasemation EA2000 + 1 (Koetsu SUT) = 2 inputs
DS Audio Master 1 equaliser

1 Like

If that were mine, I’d be destroying at least one cartridge a week!!!

I did accidentally shave off the tip of the Master 1 Cart before I upgraded to Grand Master. 1.6K GBP :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive:

2 Likes

Only one koetsu :wink:

23 Likes

Kronos Sparta with power supply.
Love it.

29 Likes

That’s a beast !

Do you assemble it on the shelf or lift the whole assembly up in one go ?

Installed it with my dealer 3 years ago and not moved it since. Assembled bottom plinth first then popped the top platter on while in situ. It’s very heavy. Wall shelf is able to take it and my fixings are significant.

2 Likes

I love this table
Here is the one in kj west one I had “another” listen to recently :innocent:

11 Likes

The Pro is magnificent

1 Like

If I had a Kronos turntable, I think I would set it working just to watch the counter-rotating platters

Is time to try the new Kronoscope RS Tonearm. Is another level of upgrade.

1 Like