Show us your turntable

Time for a few pictures. I still think my LP12 looks more like a “proper” turntable, but the P10 takes up very little space and is surprisingly immune to footsteps - and the RB3000 tonearm is just stunning.

31 Likes

Nice photo set :+1:

Something looks different…
Have you moved the Besta unit, (from the home office)? Anyway, the P10 looks fab’ on the white furniture

BW
R

1 Like

Love my RB3000. The star of that show imo.

3 Likes

Yes I understand what you are saying but this is my second system which is characterised by assembling bits and pieces accumulated over the years.

Same here, the RB3000 is a fantastic product!

7 Likes

If that’s your ‘second system’, assembled from various bits and pieces, you must have an impressive main system indeed!

2 Likes

I have an LP12 in the main system.
The plinth for the 301 is not expensive in Linn terms!
I started off the parallel 301 route in a second system when I ‘inherited’ a grease- bearing 301 left behind in a ‘radiogram’ by the previous owners of our house.

1 Like

Stereophile is strongly focused on high-end material, there’s absolutely NO chance they will get paid by Moongel for advertising.
Btw its primary use is damper pads for drums or cymbals, so very, very far from “Hi-Fi” (and thus highly priced) labelled products like Onzow…

2 Likes

Yep, new unit and now in the living room in my flat (moved out of the house 6 months ago). The LP12 is way too sensitive but could of course go on a wall shelf (like before), which I have however decided against for aesthetical reasons. So for now, slumming it with the P10 :wink:

13 Likes

Ah, okay. Got it :+1:
Very nice…

Works well. Is that Besta ?

Yes, Bestå (180x40x74 cm) with matte glass plate on top. Light and rigid due to the honeycomb structure, so fits rather well with the Rega design principles!

Thought so…
Sure, we like Besta too. Also Kallax.
As you suggest, both are light and rigid, useful for audio equipment.

With a small effort, IKEA pieces can be made more rigid, with additional wood dowels used, plus screws, wood glue and corner bracing. Our Kallax arrangement sits on IsoAcoustic carpet spike(s), to connect through our carpet onto the concrete floor underneath.

Interesting comment about your LP12. We have ours on top surface of Kallax. (Take a look at our System Pics) Knowing we would do this, the Trampolin base plate was fitted, which offer a modest amount of mechanic isolation. Plus carpet spikes, on the Kallax units. Never had a problem with this. All rock solid.

Is your floor solid, or maybe timber (suspended timber construction) ?

Nice to chat
Good luck with the P10

KR
R

2 Likes

Parquet floor on concrete. Wasn’t an issue with the LP12 in another apartment with the same type of floor, but clearly is here - walking normally past the LP12 will set it off bouncing to the point of the arm skipping. I’ve registered some movement in the parquet planks where the Bestå is stood, so may just be down to bad installation. Moving to another apartment next month, so may try the LP12 there at some point.

Offering a couple more pictures to compensate for all the words.

20 Likes

Very nice indeed!

The AudioSilente Gel Silicone Mushrooms are worth a look, will solve this issue and many users also report an increase in SQ.

P8 lounging in the sun.

27 Likes

I thought this looked really nice, so I’ve just bought a lotto ticket.

1 Like

Replaced my old Colibri with the XGW Stradivarius:

Mounted on StSt Motus II DQ 9‘‘, Sorane SA-1.2 and Yamamoto HS-4 Headshell.

Sounds verry „clear“ - Colibri… :wink:

Now „burn in“ is in progres…

atb, Tom

15 Likes

That looks beautiful @Lowdene . I’d love to see more pics of the full deck. My Dad had a Garrard that he built into a hand carpentered unit that hung on the wall and contained the amp (Valve of course) . It looked fine for the era, but it certainly didn’t look anything like yours. Sensational!

Thank you. I’m very pleased with the plinth. It has two layers of isolated marble slab and a slate arm board. The deck has an upgraded bearing and oversized (super heavy) solid brass platter. I’ll try and take some better photos!!

1 Like