Show us your turntable

I think that our esteemed Moderator Mr Dane uses a Loricraft TT with an ARO tonearm.

I very nearly tried that fifteen years or so ago. But the SME IV came along and it works well. Would look better with a 3009! I have two 301s: this highly modified one by Classic Turntable Co and an original grease bearing one I inherited with our house. That was overhauled by Loricraft more than 20 years ago. But the deck in my main system is an LP12….

Here it is again. Currently a vinyl only system in my study. Size of plinth means it spans two media storage units! Speakers not shown - they are Harbeths.

21 Likes

By the way, I love the MM phono stage in the Nait 50

1 Like

Which MM cart are you using?

Wonderful looking thing. I assume all Garrard rumble has been banished by that substantial plinth?

That is a very nice looking TT , the design very simple and uncluttered - and that is a good thing

7 Likes

I agree with that, a perfect combination for the Nait50 one would think.

1 Like

I don’t know about the cartridge , Pro-Ject like MC or basic Ortofons . I think the X2 in white is a very clean machine , I have a feeling I saw one on this forum with a white arm, if so it looked really good

I’m in the process of changing my cartridge on my Clearaudio and have opted for an Audio Technica over the Ortofon Bronze and Sumiko Moonstone . I must admit the very high quality of the Nait 50 is starting an urge to upgrade my turntable .

2 Likes

Sorry for slow reply. It’s the Ortofon LVB 250 MM. Don’t hear any weaknesses.

1 Like

I think that’s the idea of it. Also I t’s pretty silent. A bit of idler noise as it gets up to speed but then it quietens down. This noise is now much less than in previous plywood plinth which seemed to amplify it.

2 Likes

@KJC as promised a few more pics. It’s a skeletal plinth so the motor unit etc is in open space. I seem to remember for this heavily modded 301, a 401 motor was substituted. Also you can see the upgraded oversized bearing. The reflections in the marble make this picture a bit confusing. When I have time, I will give my unmodded grease bearing 301 a go in it!

26 Likes

15 Likes

There’s a great Deep Purple track that just popped into my head. :grin:

:thinking:

“Lazy” :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks Lowdene. Visually, I think it’s that Gold Platter that really does it for me!

Can’t beat a lazy susan :joy::+1:

1 Like

17 Likes

Nice, @Tony

Your DNA sequence?

Wass the black n chrome tower on the back left?
Record sweep stand?

1 Like