Show us your turntable

Puttin on the Ritz. :wink:

10 Likes

That’s a cracker! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Sorry to be slow on the uptake, but is that a real photo, or has it been photoshopped?

It’s a real matt. Take your pick!

6 Likes

That’s just too ridiculous. I suppose some people will be tempted to change the mat between LPs, so that they ‘eat’ a balanced meal.

1 Like

Without the platter and mat.

9 Likes

Project 2xperience SB DC with Ortofon 2M Bronze, expertly set up at MKOM Toronto. Straight into the XS3 Phono Stage. A great cartridge setup is a beautiful thing.

23 Likes

No low carb option?

1 Like

I think the one on the top right is made of almond. :wink:

Is anyone here experienced with the VPI Cliffwood turntable?
Actually, I use a Rega RP3 with an Elys2 cartridge.
I am playing around with the idea of trying something new.

The VPI and its history, the craftsmanship behind it fascinates me.

Here’s my Project 2Xperience. I don’t need much of an excuse to post a pic but at least I’m being transparent about it :joy:

25 Likes

My Rega …

24 Likes

What cartridge do you use mate??

It is a ELYS2

1 Like

Hi folks,

Somewhere on the Forum recently a member posted a rank ordering of the most important components for a turntable’s sound quality. I think number one was the table itself. Maybe the arm was second? I can’t seem to find the post. Anyone remember this list?

Thanks

I haven’t seen this post but after reading this, not too long ago I was at a local dealer talking with the owner about TT upgrades, her opinion (she’s very well regarded & been doing this for 40+ years), is to buy the best phono stage you can.

2 Likes

I changed the RB330 on my Gyro SE for a RB3000. Wow, yes i was expecting a difference, but i was surprised by how much. Best improvement i made to my vinyl setup. Followed by a change of phono stage at a later date.

1 Like

It might have been a post from our friend @Skeptikal . He’s very knowledgeable in all things which are meant to rotate at 33 1/3 rpm.

2 Likes

A tonearm can make a massive difference, especially if you have a high end cartridge. I don’t think it’s worth getting a really great cartridge if you don’t have a really great tonearm for it.

1 Like

7 Likes