Show us your turntable

Fairchild?

1 Like

Love the FR-24 tonearm there.

1 Like

DPS becoming slowly a classic .

Looking amazing with a wallnut plint and fitting even better the new naim NC line because of the black perspex :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s absolutely lovely

1 Like

Thanks Pylod. I really like the look of it and the musical presentation, quite special, especially considering the cheap AT mm pu.

1 Like

Why do we see so few Phonosophie TTs on this site?

It was reputedly Julian Vereker’s favourite, for which he adapted an Armageddon power supply (P3PS, perhaps?), and an ARO mount.

I know of at least one Member who has/had one, and I believe that a company in Winchester used to import and supply them.

(Was it a highly modified Thorens design?)

1 Like

The heyday of British manufacturing.
Garrard production line - unknown year.

13 Likes

Agnes Munro at Linn one of the very prolific and well known LP12 assemblers. :+1:t2:

19 Likes

Yep - I have a few…

11 Likes

I’ve never seen one of those before and a quick google brought up your restoration thread for your 412 on Audiokarma.

Will have a proper read of that thread tonight :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Do you also have a 412ED, the 1950s forerunner to the Linn Valhalla?

1 Like

Brinkmann Bardo in rotation with Aphelion 2. Sounding pretty good!

25 Likes

Magne.

25 Likes

Vertere DG-1. The main system is a Devialet 250. I have a Naim Uniti Atom HE in the office (and very good it is too)

26 Likes

Satisfying curiosity, or slummin it, take your pick.

it’s equating itself rather well, more so than I think @kuma found in an Aro as reported on the old forum.
I’m using my old 282/hi/250-2 at the moment but still with the supercapped superline, a configuration I never tried on the way up. The 552/500 will be back in play soon but the 282 does cover its tracks well with a single hicap, I’ll leave the 103 in place when I do. I does respond better to the Ortofon arm cable than the Lyra, which exposes it more.
Loading is settled at 560R and no xtra capcitance.

9 Likes

Just fine for my needs…

13 Likes

Rather than start a new thread I thought I would put this to the sage turntable gurus here …
I have a supernait 3, power supply, Dali opticon speakers. And an old Project Carbon turntable (that was used for many years with an arcam/quad system).
Needless to say the record player sounds less entertaining with my new rig and I am playing records less often than the ND5XS2.
Are there any suggestions on what turntable might match this system? I can spend up to AUD5000.
Also, what is a good hi fi retailer in Melbourne (or surrounds ) I can approach.
Any advice will be gratefully received.
Ram

New or used, or not fussed?

Not fussed.

1 Like

Rega are the obvious choice and easy to run, I’d take one over a ProJect but probably a Well Tempered over either but it’s a few years since I compared them.
Given your location The Wand 14.4 from NZ might be worth seeking out for a listen.

2 Likes