Show us your turntable

Got my cartridges all set up again. I had my two stereo cartridges mounted, but wanted to return to stereo + mono. I also wanted to re-dress the head shell leads and tighten the fasteners onto the cartridge pins a bit (the Lyra pins seem very slightly smaller in diameter than the Dynavector).

It’s all done, but here is the SMARTtractor in action…

23 Likes

The smarttractor is my go-to for a few years now. Nothing more satisfying than seeing the tip ‘plonk’ onto the minute identation on the tractor. Goldfinger is easy :sweat_smile:. Koetsu & all carts with slightly recessed cantilevers are nightmares :hot_face:

1 Like

Oooh… I think I’ve just come over with a sharp dose of protractor envy…

5 Likes

23 Likes

32 Likes

ah , pictures - this is a good thing

3 Likes

You can similar wrenches for bicycles at 1/5 the price.

1 Like

Sounding particularly good today. Better than the NDS even. Not technically but emotionally. And it seems the record player is a better match with the 252 than the 82. Also I accidentally installed Neotech Nemoi 3220 RCA interconnects, very good.

24 Likes

Without red wine?

3 Likes

Even without that.

2 Likes

Bicycle torque wrenches won’t work. The range starts too high to be useful for cartridges. Mine is 3-15Nm and the smallest hex bit for it is M3. They run about $125 (Park Tool, PRO, Feedback Sports). I have the PRO and use it all the time (on my five bicycles).

3 Likes

Beautiful turntable :+1: Even without red wine.

1 Like

Artemis/Aro/Proteus, trying a few permutations, this one works rather well.

18 Likes

Reading the last Stereophile, I discovered the Corvette EP 003 turntable, with its pool board bearing.

8 Likes

The Korvet is a classic. I’d long hankered for one.

1 Like

Same design of the arm as the Well Tempered arm? But 30 years before.

Not the same design, apart from both featuring a ball.

1 Like

My latest upgrade, a new cartridge (well new to me anyway, a great 2nd hand bargain) of a Dynavector XX2 and a move from MM to MC. Dramatic improvement in sound quality - more detail, clarity and bass.

27 Likes

Nice setup, awesome LP.

How do you find the HiFi Racks shelving?

1 Like

The HiFi racks is good from an isolation perspective - the heavy shelves work really well. My criticism would be that the shelves are difficult to get level on 4 points - I’ve had a few that were rockers and needs tweaking before moving onto the next level

3 Likes