Show us your turntable

That’s really cool!

Thank you!

Did you compare vertere with rp10?
What are the différences in your opinion?

1 Like

…hence it’s a Linnkenstein… :blush:
Bravo! :clap:

1 Like

That’s what I had

1 Like

A Logic Datum mk1 I think it is, shame it has such a strange and unique to Logic cable connection on the base.

1 Like

Hi piebia,
No, I bought the MG-1 a few years ago now to replace a top spec Roksan Xerxes 20+, which in turn I bought to replace my Linn LP12/Aro.

The Rega turntables deliver amazingly good performance for the money. I’m a big fan of them.
Great as the RP10 and P10 are, I suspect that the MG-1 would be even better in a back-to-back comparison. After all, it costs about twice as much.

Enjoy whichever turntable you choose. Both are great music makers.

Best, BF

2 Likes

My new P8 sorry about the dodgy iPhone pictures.

24 Likes

Killer!

Congrats !
I am intrigued by the platform and devices under it. Can you describe ?

Very nice indeed, go on then in what way does it sound different/for the better

I would have a real problem trying to justify the cost for a block of foam. :joy:

Yes and the Rega with an Apheta3, despite sounding really good, didn’t stand a chance against the MG-1 with the Mystic cart.

The background was "black"and quiet, bass was much more profound, without being “fat” and overwhelming, the amount of subtle details was simply astonishing. The instruments stood there nailed in place, no matter how complex the music got.

This race wasn’t even close. Considering the difference in costs, i had expected a clear winner, but not by that much.

1 Like

Yup, like that but more purple than black…

The Platform is made from a Rega Planar 1 plinth that I bought a while back for another project with Isonoe Feet which. I’ll try it for a while and then try it without to see which I prefer.

1 Like

What you really want is a Rega wall bracket - there is a special small one for the 8 and 10. It’s perfect for the deck and so much more discreet. The Quadraspire wall shelf isn’t great, especially with the glass. Keep it simple.

Thank a lot BF.
Do you think that mg1 could be partnered with sn3 or do you think that sn3 is unable to deliver this sound quality?

1 Like

I’ve actually just bought a Pro Ject Cover it so will need to keep a full sized bracket though did plan to change the glass shelf for a black wooden one though purely for aesthetic reasons. I’ve experimented with a few different wall brackets glass, wood and combinations of the two and to be fair noticed little or no sonic difference.

The home made plinth is just an experiment to see if the P8 responds to another layer of isolation if so then I will go for something more professional.

To be honest I’m not too keen on the looks of the P8 and it’s taking some getting used to hence the Cover It. The P8’s own plinth apart from not really functioning as a dust cover just isn’t to my taste though I can see why the minimal look is so popular.

Those Isonoe footers are spectacular. I’d be surprised if you preferred the platform/plinth without them. I used those in place of the stock feet on a Technics SL-1210 project I took on a few years back (also replaced the bearing with a polished sapphire bearing, fitted an SME 309 tonearm, added a copper TTMicro platter and a few other tweaks). Those feet are very effective, IMO.

Yes they came off of a 1210 that I used to own when I came to sell it it was worth more striped down but I ended up keeping the feet.

1 Like