Show us your turntable

I do :blush: Best Peter

28 Likes

…and Montana looks like this:

3 Likes

Getting the itch seeing all these lovely TT’s! Not sure where to go though given modest system?
Current setup:
Rega RP3/Ortofon Blue
Rega Fono
Naim Unitiqute 2
Nap 100
Dyn DM2/7
Is a TT upgrade a bad move. I play a lot of vinyl.

1 Like

Not if vinyl is your most played source - go for it!

5 Likes

The boxes I think are Palaset, I have some and very good too

Maybe P6/Ania and decent MC phono stage? Biggest concern is amps won’t make the best of it. Still, hopefully Geoff at Acoustica can let me demo old v new :grin:

You have a well balanced system. I’m not sure the nap 100 will show the best of the P6/Ania. Is there a chance to demo the best cartridge that you could run in the P3? I have run a Hana SL on the P3 and it makes a substantial difference even if it is over specified for the P3. That way you could then upgrade the amp and change later to a P6/P8 and still keep the better cartridge.

1 Like

He won’t, but Pete no doubt will now that he’s taken over the reins.

1 Like

Geoff’s partner in crime Peter runs the show now the former has retired but I’m sure he’ll suggest some good solutions for you but the P6 seems like a good idea for the amp you have and will still be good enough if you upgrade from the Uni/100 combo you have. You might find it’s good enough as it is!

Happy demoing once the shops reopen on Monday.

Cheers, Rack.

:+1:t5:

1 Like

Thanks Rack!

1 Like

Here’s mine :slight_smile:
Worked in a pub through sixth form to save for my first stereo. Technics SUV470 amp, RSB565 tape deck. Mordaunt Short MS310s… and this Systemdek IIXE, Roksan Tabriz tonearm, Chorus Blue cartridge. I can’t recall exactly when I bought it all, probably '92

I replaced the amp with my Nait 3 in around 1998. Added a Marantz CD6000 OSE in 2002 ish. Swapped the Marantz for a Naim CD5 in 2018. But the Systemdek has been with me throughout.

It is just back from a dealer service (I’ve serviced it myself before) new oil in the bearing, new belt, caps in PS replaced, new Goldring 1042 stylus to replace the previous 1012. Back today and sounding familiar, with a very nice lift from the new stylus!!

Ready for Wednesday… picking up a new XS3 to replace my long serving Nait 3!

35 Likes

Lovely. Love the old Systemdek. They never cease to surprise with just how well they play. I can never resist buying them when I see them and they’re always my first choice when someone asks me to sort out a decent vinyl spinner for a good (read, inexpensive) price for them.

4 Likes

Some lovely turntables here folks. Mine is an Analogue Alchemy / Transrotor Tourbillion with an SME 3009 and Nagaoka MP-200 MM. This goes to a Gold Note PH-10 phono stage. The whole thing sits on a shelf that ‘floats’ on sorbathene mounts. I really want to add a unipivot of some sort but that’ll have to wait.

26 Likes

All original big red button! It’s all very modest compared to a lot of the TTs on here. As I say all original and recently serviced although the motor was replaced. The Haddock 228 tone arm had some tlc as well. I did treat the old girl to a new Dynavector DV-20X2L. It runs through my 12s & 160 to mk1 Acoustic Energy AE 1 speakers which I feel pairs really well together.
I do plan to make some upgrade improvements to the turntable buts it’s good for now.
Ohh by the way the strap showing underneath the turntable is an anti grandson device!!!

29 Likes

What’s your system, PSAN?

Thanks,
David

I should probably update my profile in that respect. The home office system is LP12 Akurate (upgraded w/Karousel) into TriChord Dino Mk. 3 + PSU into NAC202/NAPSC/NAP200DR through Audiovector SR1AA. Interconnect from the phono stage is Chord Epic Analogue RCA-DIN and speaker cables are WitchHat Phantoms.

18 Likes

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, how big is your living room?

(A bit off-topic, my apologies): Interesting the cables you have (as well as for the amplifier section), the same as mine except for the speakers cable: did you compare the Phantom with Naca5 before the purchase?

Regards
David

Living room is about 60 sq. meters (combined with open dining room section). I preferred the Phantoms to NACA5 in my home office set up as I found them more detailed and clear and the NACA5 bass emphasis became a bit much. The Audiovector cables in the living room were bought used at about 1/4 of retail but I may at some point switch to Phantoms there too. The Phantoms are really excellent and terrific VFM.

1 Like

That looks lovely.

I had one of those with a, if not mistaken, Mayware Formula 4. Apologies for photo.

7 Likes