Show Us Your Wood-Working Projects

Very nice :grinning: :+1:

Lovely. Cant see any solder on those copper joints - did you glue them

Thanks! Nothing whatsoever on the joints - it’s all held together by its own friction, tension and compression. I was hoping it wouldn’t need much, but it was better than I expected.

Mark

1 Like

This is a coffee table I recently completed. The drawer box is suspended below the top with leather straps. The table is mesquite with ebony accents.

Next up is a new media center!

20 Likes

That is superb. Clean joints, and I love the leather. Please tell me you have years of experience?

1 Like

Thank you, GadgetMan. I’m fortunate to be able to enjoy teaching in the Fine Woodworking program at the local community college in my retirement.

3 Likes

Just found some really useful videos online, and oh dear, it looks like I might just need to buy some more tools - Oh well :blush:

1 Like

I looked at the photo before reading your post and thought “lovely speaker, but odd place to put the port” :rofl:

1 Like

It tightens the soundstage, while at the same time widens it.

1 Like

I would love to spend a year at the Waters and Acland school of furniture making. The quality of work being produced by students is nothing short of amazing.

Wow, that’s impressive - the results speak for themselves.

I’m lucky to have a garage in which I have slowly built up a collection of woodworking machines, and with a three phase power outlet I’ve been able to pick up some big old machines. I’ve now got a 400mm thickness planer, 12" table saw, 12" radial arm saw, 300mm belt thickness sander and a 12" disc sander. Plus a 1930s 30" band saw and a lathe that’s on the floor waiting to be installed. Most of them are old machines I have restored, renovated or reconditioned. The band saw is the biggest, it stands 8’ tall, but it’s presently in bits awaiting some attention.

2 Likes

I think you need to show us what you have done with it :blush:

Wonderful to have that sort of equipment. It makes it so much quicker to get things done.

1 Like

Of late it’s been about slowly collecting machines, stripping and getting them set up correctly, and learning about their use. And a lot of helping kids and other people on their own projects! So I’ve not actually built a lot, yet. There are numerous projects of my own that are dotted around the workshop in various states of completion.

I built this a few years ago, and have plans downstairs for another:

7 Likes

The bigger three phase kit is wonderful to use. So stable, solid and powerful. I think I probably enjoy playing with the machines as much as using them.

1 Like

You should join a HiFi forum - lots of people there are as much, if not more, interested in fiddling with the machines. Oh, wait…

1 Like

Excellent - and very satisfying, I should think.

1 Like

Thank you. It’s a lot of fun to paddle.

Lovely rug you have as well!

1 Like

Bending the OPs thread …slightly…I see the neighbours* have an interesting wee woodwork construction ongoing…

https://m.facebook.com/Craigyhill-bonfire-larne-107988548164111/

Willy

• about 10 miles, as the crow flies.