Signals Kudos event

kudos 808 in white, not bad too…

Currently costing £23295, in the Black finish

1 Like

how many m2 approximately do they need you think ? I feel that for around 20 m2, 707 would be fine ( ?) .

Kudos speakers seem great in association with Naim, but not distributed in France and in several european countries. So it will be difficult for me to have a chance to listen to them

How would you describe the sound of Kudos speakers in few words, for instance warm or neutral, lively or quiet ?

Bright.

Paris London= 3 hours

I think the introduction of the latest SEAS K3 tweeter specially designed by SEAS and Kudos for the Titan range removes much of the so-called brightness associated with earlier models like the S10 and S20. Titans are still however very revealing at the top end but for me this never trips over into glare or hardness.

Smooth or laid-back they (the Titans) are not, but neither are they bright IMHO.

1 Like

Agreed, bright is how i would have described Kudos speakers of old. Titans however have moved the game on significantly, and sound very transparent without any obvious traits.

1 Like

I suspect anyone who tries to suggest that 808s sound bright has never listened to a pair.

3 Likes

I must confess to being rather partial to the exuberant character of our C10s. When I listen to less forward speakers I miss the immediacy and ‘in your face’ presentation. I appreciate that this isn’t to everyone’s taste and could be regarded as a fault.
I really need to expand my appreciation of what other speakers within my price range can offer and - perhaps - tweak my preferences to facilitate a more rounded window. I did audition a pair of Spendor D7s but they seemed slow and ponderous - compared to the C10s - in our system.

OTOH maybe a pair of 505s or 606s would give the best of all worlds :thinking:

So far I have only heard Titan 505s and 808s. The 505s were powered by a 300 and were the loveliest thing I heard at the acoustica show 2018. The 808s were run from 3x300s active and were the loveliest thing I heard at the acoustica show 2019.

Both very musical and enjoyable in a manner I would say similar to my sl2s (which at the time Of hearing the 505s were driven by one 300 and by the time of hearing 808s were driven by two 300s) though not done direct comparison back to back. Just really enjoyable to listen to, to the extent that stayed in the room each time listening to music for as long as I spent in total at the shows in all other rooms put together.

I am afraid I don’t have vocabulary to describe the sound. Additional Kudos events will be reported on over the next few weeks - at acoustica on 14 September for example

2 Likes

Am I supposed to leave in Paris ? :neutral_face:

Thank you Adam. Are royalties due if we instigate your labelling changes? :grinning:

2 Likes

for me at least…Anyway i think it would be difficult for me to leave Apertura speakers.

Don’t listen to the Kudos Titan speakers then, FR.

1 Like

in my case it’s less risky. I would not be able to take them at home and eventually keep them. However these speakers, more 707, are on my radar.

I thought we had lost you to the nd555 and the music😉

I live in Alsace and bought my Titan 808 in Germany. 175 km from home one way. Went there to listen. I got a home demo prior deciding. Paid after deciding. Close to 3 years ago and I am still very pleased. My ears never get tired listening. For me that’s a good measurement.

4 Likes

Living 175 km from the dealer you got a home demo? It’s not very usual.
Can you say me what brand is the nearest of kudos sound ? Proac, Dynaudio …?

Might this Kudos love-in be getting a bit OTT? I’m sure the Titans are lovely but even so… Neat, previous Forum darlings, do seem to have fallen from favour somewhat.