Signals Kudos event

I too had solid connections with my NDS and am hard wired Ethernet with a Cisco 2960 switch.

I noticed when I checked against your settings I was pretty much had the same but Server Mode was not enabled. That could be causing an issue I guess. Let’s see.

Anyway, back to the topic and here are a couple of photos sans bald heads and grey hair, although I appear to have caught a couple of hairy knees, not mine.

!

1 Like

No worries - I use an Apple time capsule airport thingy hard wired both to the nd555 and the uniticore, so any delay is down to communication from my phone (hardly ever use the iPad) to the time capsule. I assume Pete set it up the same as for you

Edited to add - Pete is coming back some time to check everything is ok so I can ask him then

Apologies for the off topic!

1 Like

Remember that the new streamers go into standby mode automatically and so need to be discovered each time and may have something to do with what you have noticed

Hi Nigel,

Could this be the answer, as I have mine set to “never” 
 ever! :crossed_fingers:

In spite of not knowing much about it, I managed to get the Apple thingies set up all by myself 
 though it can’t be all that difficult, since Pete passed no comment at all! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Just to finish this thread off a few pics from the final blog by Signals
to keep to forum rules i post the pics, but as ever Alistair captures the fun and pain of the days. This room has the 707 titans with eventually the nd 555/252/300 active or passive system. The first session had an ndx2 front end
which did not quite seem to fit the bill for me.

1 Like

This is the new Peek base for the Musicworks reflex Ultra G3 mains block referred to by @nigelb used in the main room?

1 Like

This is the Naim room electronics used with Statement S1 and the new Naim crossover and 3 x nap 500. Source was top end Melco. The N10 pictured was not being used, but the top end ssd product?
As has been mentioned by those not attending the pictures does not capture the fun or meeting people enjoying music and their hobby. Well Signals did a great job and some came from a fair distance and seem to enjoy and find out why us locals are happy. The Kudos roadshow goes on, check their website out for more demo,s until the end of the year
great speakers active or passive.
@Richard.Dane when you feel appropriate my thread is done, look forward to someone putting up the next Naim/Kudos roadshow

Gazza, nice coverage of this superb event and I would again like to add my thanks and appreciation to the Signals and Kudos teams. I don’t underestimate the amount of work that goes into these events and our hosts made it all very relaxed and seamless.

All three Kudos speakers were very impressive and each of them ably demonstrated the significant uplift from Naim activation. The MusicWorks ReFlex Ultra G3 distribution box is also an incredible product, squeezing the very best form Naim kit. I know, I bought one at the event and tried it for myself at home!

(One slight correction Gazza, the 707 room in fact had the 552 on pre amp duties).

there’s no other place possible for the S1? due to cables length? because it’s a bit hidden i think.
The top Melco is hdd now, it’s the N10. ( 2 box).

Kudos 808 in black. nice !

7 Likes

That was just in case the wife was watchingđŸ€«

3 Likes

The 808s certainly look good to me in what I assume is high gloss piano black. In fact I never really liked the look of them until I saw this picture.

Must give them a dem sometime.

Richard

2 Likes

It is unfortunate from my POV that our local dealer isn’t a Kudos stockist

they even look a bit like the Statement, with the middle in acrylic vs aluminum for the 808.

That finish is not mentioned on the Kudos website - the only black is black oak which shows grain not shine. Wonder if it’s a special order?

Whilst recently at a Naim/Kudos dealer I bemoaned the fact that the Titan range doesn’t have a beech/oak finish as none of the advertised veneers would work in our domestic setting. I was then shown a lovely pair in a nice golden oak veneer so clearly there are other options apart from the range in the web-site. Now I just have to start saving!

I didn’t need to know that, Svetty - disliking all the available finishes is a useful defence mechanism :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

i think i pasted this photo from Audiobarn site. First time i saw this black color.

black also for 505 and 707