Sir Sean Connery RIP

The legend Sir Sean Connery has passed away at the age of 90. He was THE James Bond. R.I.P.

17 Likes

Yes…the real one, and some other great films. R.I.P Mr Bond

1 Like

Shouldn’t the title be RIP James Bond? To me Sean Connery has never been beaten in the role.

4 Likes

Everyone has their favourites. Personally it’s a close run thing between Connery and Craig (I understand those who prefer comedy choose Moore!).

Great Actor RIP

2 Likes

10 Movie Quotes

1. “You wanna get Capone? Here’s how you get him. He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That’s the Chicago way. And that’s how you get Capone!”
    —The Untouchables

2. “You call this archaeology?”
    —Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

3. “You call it luck. I call it destiny.”
    —The Man Who Would Be King

4. “I take the good with the bad. I can’t love people in slices.”
    —First Knight

5. “No thinking—that comes later. You must write your first draft with your heart.
    You rewrite with your head. The first key to writing is…to write, not to think!”
    —Finding Forrester

6. “Bond. James Bond.”
    —Dr. No

7. “My dear girl, there are some things that just aren’t done, such as drinking Dom Perignon ‘53
    above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s just as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs!”
    —Goldfinger

8. “You can’t drown, you fool. You’re immortal.”
    —Highlander

9. “Monkeys do not laugh. Laughter is particular to man.”
    —The Name of the Rose

10. “The things I do for England.”
    —You Only Live Twice

3 Likes

Easily the best Bond for me, and many other wonderfully entertaining roles too. RIP Mr. Bond.

2 Likes

the best

3 Likes

10 Likes

I remember going to the potters Bar bar cinema with my (slightly) older sister when I was about 8 to the children’s matinee shows (always double bill)
It was a great week if there was a bond film

The original and best …sadly missed

3 Likes

I loved the books when younger and I thought Craig was a better representation of the character in the books.

However I think overall Sean Connery had far better scripts and made better films.

4 Likes

Resht In Peash, Sean.

6 Likes

An actor with real presence on the screen. So few of those left.

2 Likes

Very sad to hear that Sean Connery has died. I think my favourite of his films was Outland, a sort of futuristic version of High Noon set in outer space. Well worth seeing, if you haven’t done so, but do look out for the Blu-ray version.

7 Likes

Allegedly Ian Fleming wanted Cary Grant to play 007, but he was too expensive. He regarded Connery as an “over developed stunt man” and “unrefined”. Connery regarded Fleming as a “snob”, which he probably was. However, when the filming of Dr No was over the two met and Fleming was so taken with Connery and his performance of the part that he created a Scots heritage for his hero in subsequent books. For me Connery is the definitive Bond although Craig comes a close second. Having travelled through life with the author’s name and been subject to the inevitable wisecracks one has a certain interest in the Bond franchise. Ho Hum. Rest easy Sean.

2 Likes

Zardoz - RIP.

7 Likes

Others will differ but the only Bond in my view. The early Bond films were always a trip to the cinema as a big treat - I believe that Dr No was responsible for my fear of large spiders :grinning: no fear of fire breathing dragons, just spiders :grinning:

1 Like

Liked to give his women a slap, only with an open hand mind.

RIP to a great screen presence and proud son of Scotland. Lived in the Bahamas mind you.

Bruce

1 Like

Bloody hell. That was a shock.