Sir Sean Connery RIP

You were a giant on screen for decades. RIP. :bowing_man:

1 Like

I’m happy to see the mention of one singular film «Zardoz» where we could seen how intense he was. I’d like to point out his role in «A fine madness», also In the name of the Rose». There was so much to him than his contributions as «James Bond».

3 Likes

Another favourite Connery film was The Hill. I have the DVD (a US NTSC one) but would jump at the chance to get it again if it came out on Blu-ray.

6 Likes

“Caccia a Ottobre Rosso”,“Il nome della rosa”.RIP legendary Sean.

Not sure if you have an AppleTV but it’s supposedly in HD on iTunes Store. Their video quality has improved significantly over the years, though trailers unless for modern movies are rarely representative of the movie quality itself.

This has to be one of my favourite non-Bond movies:

4 Likes

Why on earth would want to unsee that?

Nobody would want to Andress that !!!

1 Like

2 Likes

Where do I begin?! Let’s just say because he wasn’t wearing his Rolex submariner ref.6538 nato.

Indeed a legend was Sean.My favourite Bond was Timothy Dalton. RIP Mr Bond

1 Like

Bond wore his Rolex Oyster with an expanding metal strap, so if he flicked his wrist it would fall over his knuckles and he could use it as a knuckle duster. (This is in the books - not the films).

1 Like

Still one of my favourite scenes from the JB franchise, and not because of the schoolboy humour, which is quickly washed away in the follow-up conversation. IMV, it’s a wonderfully played scene, from what I regard as the best JB film.

Sadly, when similar introductory scenes are written in to later JB films, to me it just comes across as smutty & gratuitous dialogue.

While Craig in a couple of films was very good, Connery is the brand anchor actor for me.

6 Likes

Many years ago, before multi-channel TV (in the UK) there was a time when the BBC featured a season of films by a particular actor - usually at Christmas. This thread clearly demonstrates with the fondness shown for Sean Connery how welcome that would be now, if it was at all possible.

1 Like

It was apposite that this week Don Black has been talking about his music on BBC Radio 4, especially the three Bond themes that he co-wrote: Don Black’s book

1 Like

Had not seen this one before:

He apparently competed in Mr Universe in the 50’s and took 3rd place in 1953.

1 Like

Don’t let the lft destroy this ,might be on the forum naughty words step

1 Like

Apologies for cross-posting this, probably more likely people here will know the answer:

(Oh well, I thought the ‘female’ Bond thread was going to disappear quickly.)

Just out of interest, how many ‘00’ agents are there in the books?

Is it a fixed number? Are they all field agents?

Did they start with ‘000’ or ‘001’? I’ll assume ‘001’.

After ‘009’ is it ‘010’ or ‘0010’?

If there are 7 ‘00x’ agents active, if ‘006’ is killed is the next ‘008’ or do they replace ‘006’?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.