Sir Sean Connery RIP

Why on earth would want to unsee that?

Nobody would want to Andress that !!!

1 Like

2 Likes

Where do I begin?! Let’s just say because he wasn’t wearing his Rolex submariner ref.6538 nato.

Indeed a legend was Sean.My favourite Bond was Timothy Dalton. RIP Mr Bond

1 Like

Bond wore his Rolex Oyster with an expanding metal strap, so if he flicked his wrist it would fall over his knuckles and he could use it as a knuckle duster. (This is in the books - not the films).

1 Like

Still one of my favourite scenes from the JB franchise, and not because of the schoolboy humour, which is quickly washed away in the follow-up conversation. IMV, it’s a wonderfully played scene, from what I regard as the best JB film.

Sadly, when similar introductory scenes are written in to later JB films, to me it just comes across as smutty & gratuitous dialogue.

While Craig in a couple of films was very good, Connery is the brand anchor actor for me.

6 Likes

Many years ago, before multi-channel TV (in the UK) there was a time when the BBC featured a season of films by a particular actor - usually at Christmas. This thread clearly demonstrates with the fondness shown for Sean Connery how welcome that would be now, if it was at all possible.

1 Like

It was apposite that this week Don Black has been talking about his music on BBC Radio 4, especially the three Bond themes that he co-wrote: Don Black’s book

1 Like

Had not seen this one before:

He apparently competed in Mr Universe in the 50’s and took 3rd place in 1953.

1 Like

Don’t let the lft destroy this ,might be on the forum naughty words step

1 Like

Apologies for cross-posting this, probably more likely people here will know the answer:

(Oh well, I thought the β€˜female’ Bond thread was going to disappear quickly.)

Just out of interest, how many β€˜00’ agents are there in the books?

Is it a fixed number? Are they all field agents?

Did they start with β€˜000’ or β€˜001’? I’ll assume β€˜001’.

After β€˜009’ is it β€˜010’ or β€˜0010’?

If there are 7 β€˜00x’ agents active, if β€˜006’ is killed is the next β€˜008’ or do they replace β€˜006’?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.