SL2's Used price

Stop teasing me with pictures of SL2s.

2 Likes

The wooden fronts do look a bit battered? Or is that just the lighting?

No idea. I could ask the distributor

Figuring in the maple. They are mint, actually.

1 Like

Cool. Certainly the pics in HHā€™s room looked good!

Iā€™m sure I could live with the ā€œfiguringā€ :grinning:

Whoops post deleted :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::face_with_hand_over_mouth::joy::relaxed:

You could keep your SBLs and splash on a NAC52 instead.

(Full disclosure: Iā€™ve never heard a NAC52. But my dealer says there are few occasions where adding a NAC52 wonā€™t improve a Naim set.)

Ask if they have the original boxes and packaging. Quite important if moving them, and for potential resale.

I have some new spare tweeters, purchased last autumn as we were advised that this was a ā€˜last batchā€™ of the SBL and SL2 versions. I suspect they might now be sold out.

Bruce

1 Like

I have had an NAC52 for just over thirty years, and would never change it. (It could do with a return to Salisbury soon, as itā€™s never been ā€˜homeā€™ for some TLC.)

Thereā€™s simply no need for me to consider a change!

4 Likes

Funnily enough guys, im keeping my eyes out for a 52/supercap as well!

1 Like

If that was any kind of a hint, you canā€™t have mine!

But do have a look at TomTom Audioā€™s website, or speak to James Allney there (St Albans). He is great at finding Naim bits that are hard to find. (Many years ago now, he found me a mint NAT-01 after it had been suddenly discontinued.)

Ahem!

Yep. If the speakers are good enough, and either very good value or such price that the travel cost is a a small proportion of total cost then itā€™s a no-brainer - and that way you can also be sure they donā€™t get chucked around by the carrier. A few years ago to audition replacement speakers I drove over 800 miles plus a ferry journey each way averaging 3 hours each, and a hotel stay, to visit 3 places and audition 5 speakers, taking with me my own large and heavy speakers plus amp and source. It was a fruitful trip in that I found two that were suitable, but I didnā€™t even return with them as I was still mulling it over when I had to get back.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.